Black screen when re-sizing MP (using alt+enter) (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi ...
have noticed that, when using alt+enter to go to/from full screen, there is a considerable period of black screen.
This can be 3 or 4 seconds....way up to 30 to 50 seconds. (Audio is always present BTW!!)

When gathering the log files...using watchdog...screen never returned after a couple of minutes....and MP was 'not responding', and had to be closed via taskmanager.

I've attached logs, and would appreciate any comments!!

Thanks

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    when using alt+enter to go to/from full screen, there is a considerable period of black screen.
    I have also experienced this (or something similar to it):

(1) If live TV is not on the screen, ALT_ENTER works OK.

(2) If live TV is on the screen (either fullscreen, or in the TV thumbnail), ALT_ENTER sometimes results in a black screen or black thumbnail where the video never re-appears. It may be that I don't wait long enough for the video to re-appear. If I have ended up with a black screen, I usually have to exit from MP (return to the Windows desktop) for video to re-appear.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No idea, but maybe some questions could help to trigger some thoughts/connections to what the problem might be...

Does the problem seem to have any relationship (ie. does it always happen when..., or always not happen when...) to:
    1. Whether media (TV, video, music) is playing or not?
    2. Whether ViewModeSwitcher plugin is enabled or not (note: your logs seem to show it is enabled)?

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Thanks for that.....have just noticed that I had BOTH ViewModeSwitcher AND Intelligent frame correction plugins enabled
    .....so most likely was asking for trouble!!

Thanks again.....will check this out soon...
    Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom