Blu-Ray Working (Sort of) (1 Viewer)

ggutenberg

Portal Member
October 20, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've managed to get a Blu-Ray rip (via SlySoft AnyDVD) to play via MediaPortal. I have yet to try playing a Blu-Ray disc natively on this box, since I haven't yet installed the Blu-Ray drive (LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray HD DVD Combo Drive), nor does my video card support HDCP. However the rip plays back great, with one small exception. Following is what I did to get this working, as well as the error that comes up. If anyone has any suggestions to remove the error I'd be one happy camper.

MP Version: 0.2.3 RC3.
Blu-Ray Drive: LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray HD DVD Combo Drive (used to rip)
Blu-Ray software: CyberLink PowerDVD 7.3 OEM (shipped with the LG drive above)​

I've made the following changes to the MP Config (not sure if all of them are required or not, but this is what I've done)...

DVD / DVD Codec / Video codec: CyberLink Video/SP BD-HD Decoder (PDVD7.x)
DVD / DVD Codec / Audio renderer: CyberLink Audio Renderer (PDVD7.x)
DVD / DVD Codec / Audio codec: CyberLink Audio Decode (PDVD7.x)
Movies / Movie Player / MPEG-2 video decoder: CyberLink Video/SP BD-HD Decoder (PDVD7.x)
Movies / Movie Player / Audio decoder: CyberLink Audio Decode (PDVD7.x)
Movies / Movie Player / Audio renderer: CyberLink Audio Renderer (PDVD7.x)
Movies / Movie Extensions: Add "m2ts"​

When I navigate to my Blu-Ray directory, I need to drill down to /BDMV/STREAM and select 00000.m2ts, and VOILA! the movie begins playing. However MediaPortal gives me the following error:

mperror.png

Once I click OK, the error goes away and the movie starts playing. Is there any way to tell MediaPortal NOT to give me this error? And ideally, is there any way to tell MediaPortal that once I select the root directory of the Blu-Ray to automagically jump to /BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts?

UPDATE: I just realized that I really need to handle this via a Playlist, as MP won't queue up all the files in the directory even if the first one is selected. So the jumping to file bit isn't all that important, but the error really is, especially since as it moves to the next file in the playlist it gives me the error again and pauses playback until OK is clicked. Sorta wrecks the viewing experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom