Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Bluray Handler
    Current version: 0.9.7.30 (FINAL) for LAV Splitter and MP Final 1.2.1
    MPEI version for MP 1.2.1 Available here : MEDIAPORTAL - Bluray Handler 0.9.7

Download (MP 1.1.x) | Download (MP 1.2.0/1.2.1Final) |Changelog | Source | Issue Tracker | Website

This process plugin wraps around the internal player factory and detects bluray media playback. When the user is trying to playback any file in a bluray structure the structure will be scanned and the user gets prompted to select a feature (corresponding to a mpls playlist). This will make it possible to playback bluray content that utilizes seamless branching (spanning one feature across multiple m2ts files). Because this plugin is wrapped around the internal player this will work by default in My Videos and others plugins like Moving Pictures.

Features

- Bluray playback using the internal player (*.mpls / supports seamless branching )
    - Feature selection menu (not actual BD menu)
    - Auto-play support (using same settings as DVD autoplay)
    - Chapter support (ability to skip next/prev) *
    - Improved audio en subtitle handling (*.mpls / *.m2ts) *

* New in latest version

Requirements

If you can already playback m2ts files then you only need to make sure you have a recent version of "MPC - Mpeg Source (Gabest)" (mpegsplitter.ax) registered on your system. The filter will enable playback of .mpls files and is part of the MPC-HC Standalone Filter package. You need at least build .1287 (=1.3.1287) but a more recent revision is recommended. You can grab the latest builds from here. Yet another alternative to manually setting up the codecs is to install SAF 5.0 (experimental)

note: Playback of protected discs is only possible when you have a 3rd party tool like AnyDVD HD running in the background to remove the protection.

Installation

Start Installation of MPE1 plugin.
    Make sure the plugin is enabled in your configuration (default should be enabled)

Usage

You can test it by adding ".bdmv" as an extension in mediaportal. From within the My Videos you can now browse to your bluray disk and select the "index.bdmv" to playback the disc. Inserting a bluray disc will trigger autoplay when you have this setup for DVD. The "Play Disc" button will also function for bluray now.

Bug Reports

Please do not post bugs in this thread. If you have a bug report, please browse the Issue Tracker and create a new issue if it was not reported before.

Bluray Handler for MP 1.2.X Final
    Current version for using with LAV Splitter
    Current version: 0.9.7.30 (FINAL)
    Download (MP 1.2 Final)

Installation for both version

1) Unzip the archive and copy the DLL into the "Mediaportal/plugins/proces" folder. (Make sure the plugin is enabled in your configuration (default should be enabled) normally).
    2) Add .bdmv extension in MP Configuration
    3) Unzip LAVSplitter and unregister and register it. (You can import mpls_x64 and bdmv_x64 reg for 64bits WIN7 or mpls_x86 and bdmv_x86 for 32bits WIN7 in your registry but it's not need anymore)
    4) If Using FFDShow -> Need to setup in splitter setting lavsplitter - "No Subtitle" in Subtitle Selection and disable (uncheck) in FFDShow Audio (Decoder Options) "Enable jitter correction" to avoid issue in BD Seamless.

Thanks you Armand for this Great Plugin :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: Bluray Handler 0.9.0 (BETA)

I'm the first :)
    Very Big thx, i have tested it and work very good, thanks to you :)
    I'm happy :)
    Cheers,
    Seb.

Lowietje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Damn, i'm only second :)

Very quick test gave good results, only on mounted iso he gave me an error.

If i mount it, and then go back in the menu where i find my virtual drive, and in this virtual drive i select the index.bdmv, i get the error "Unable to play: index.bdmv"

If you need more info please let me know, i'll be back tomorrow.

Thanks !!!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Ok mediaportal.log (in debug mode) would be nice :) I haven't fully tested mounted playback yet but it should not make much difference.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Damn, i'm only second :)

Very quick test gave good results, only on mounted iso he gave me an error.

If i mount it, and then go back in the menu where i find my virtual drive, and in this virtual drive i select the index.bdmv, i get the error "Unable to play: index.bdmv"

If you need more info please let me know, i'll be back tomorrow.

Thanks !!!

I have tested with Iso, and it worked perfectly, it mount and the playlist (choice) appear and i can choose the right playlist and go :)

I have just remark that if i play by the playlist, the video start in upper left, i must clic to put in fullscreen. (but it's very very very nothing :) lol )

Cheers,
    Again great work,
    Seb.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009

I might be stooopid but MPEG Source (gabest) filter sems to be registered (at least if I beleive filmerit.
    (for the info, I'm a SAF 4.0 user)

when I launch monsters inc (my test blu-ray for seamless branching) nothing seems to happen
    Do I have to do something in MPconfiguration tool?

TW, huge thanks armandp. I requested the feature, never new it would be available so quickly

Forget what I said : my H.264 video decoder was set to ffdshow video decoder. If I set it to MPC-HC engine, I get to choose between playlists. Guess I'll have to configure a bit more before eveyrhting works perfectly

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009

Salut Seb,

petit apparté français : comment tu fais pour être debout à 4h30 et 8h50, tu bosses de nuit? ;)

So, as I said in my edit, I now can choose between playlists. I tested it 5 minutes before going to work so I don't know yet if everything works perfectly. I'll give it a try tonight.

Matt

SV81

Portal Member
    May 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Bluray Handler 0.9.0 (BETA)

Hi,

i tested your plugin and it works perfect for me, thanks for that. I use it with the SAF Codecs.
    Just one thing i recognized was that i am not able to skip chapters.
    Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

SV

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Can you make it work with AVCHD structure as well?

I have ripped my BLU-RAYs to AVCHD folder and file structure, with the main feature split in 4 Gb .mts chunks in order to have FAT32 compatability (OPPO-83 playback from USB harddrive - will not play .mts/.m2ts files unless in AVCHS folder structure!!)).
    I want the same back-ups to be playable in MP as well as on my Oppo-83 (used for DTS-MA and Dolby Tru-HD playback analogue out, since I don't have HDMI capable receiver).

See problem described HERE: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/blu-ray-ripped-avchd-81096/#post608025

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom