Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
So here we go.

This thread replaces this one.

How to install the plugin:

1. Copy the files HD Starter.dll and HD_Starter.exe in the MediaPortal plugins\Windows directory
2. Install Multishortcut-Installer
3. delete multishortcut00.dll in \plugins\windows (you don't need it, it causes a menu-button without caption in mp-home-menu)
3. Copy the MediaPortal Skin Image in the desired Skin\Media folder (see known issues)
4. Open the MP Config and choose the HD Starter plugin (its a MultiShortCurt plugin), select the desired icon (see known issues) and the HD_Starter.exe path
5. Enter the needed settings like in the Screenshot shown here.
6. Start GUI-HDStartertINI.jar (To run the GUI you need to install java-runtime (google for download). If you don't want to install java you have to edit hd_starter.ini manually with any editor). If you use no MCE-ir set "hauppauge" to true. This means "any IR". It is labeled "hauppauge" because I use one. Maybe in future I'll change it.
7. Fill in the GUI with the needed information
8. Save it into the your installation-directory of MP ("Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPorta\plugins\Windows")
9. If you are using a hauppauge-IR copy the provided irremote.ini into your Window-folder, after you have backuped the original irremote.ini. Stop ir-Service and start it again.

On win 7 I've got a small issue concerning the irremote.ini. After terminating PDVD my computer wanted to start PowerCinema although it's not installed. I found out, that the irremote.ini containes a line "GreenButton start PowerCinema.exe" or so. If you have the issue too, fill in a semicollon ( ; ) at the beginning of the line with "PowerCinema start". That is interpreted as a comment now.

With the new multshortcut-installer DLLFix.exe is not needed anymore.

The skin-files for PowerDVD are not provided anymore because they work only up to PowerDVD 8. If you want to use it anyway apply to the thread mentioned above

Known issues:

For nVidia-graphic-card-users:
The toggle between standard- and clone-mode doesn't work anymore. It seems that nVidia has changed something in the driver. I will have a look at it. I recommend to check the "toggle no" radio-button for hd_starter.ini. But be aware that this causes problems on a set-up with clone-mode (digital tv-set and analog screen). PowerDVD may refuses to play BluRays by reason of copy-protection. A workaround could be to disable the analog screen.

As MP-Devs have moved the skin-directory from "Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" to "Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten" (don't know how it is called in english installations) you must create folders called "skin\[used skin-name]\media" in "program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" and copy the images into it. Maybe it's possible to fill in the entire path to the origin skin-folder in mp-config. I haven't tried it yet. I don't know how to change the config-program. Maybe there is anyone out who can help.

The provided archive contains the latest version of HD_Starter with all changes that came up in moPhat's thread.

This version was tested on MP 1.1.2 and WinXP 32 SP3 and Win 7/64 bit

eagle

[edit 17.10.2011]
I created a new HD Starter.dll for MP 1.2.1 (and only for this version).

How to install:

install MP 1.2.1
unpack the HD_Starter complete MP 1.1.2.zip into the plugins/Windows folder
after that you must replace the file HD Starter.dll with the one provided in the zip-file HD_Starter 1.2.1
configure HD_Starter as described before
if you get the "message string_en.xml missing", you will have to copy the folder "MultiShortCut" (see HD_Starter 1.2.1.zip) into the language-folder of MediaPortal

that's all

I hope it works for you, I tested it on Win 7/64

[edit]

nun das Ganze noch mal auf Wunsch in Deutsch:

Nach dem entpacken:

1. Kopiere die Dateien HD Starter.dll und HD_Starter.exe in das MediaPortal-Verzeichnis „\plugins\Windows“

2. Installiere den Multishortcut-Installer

3. Lösche die Datei multishortcut00.dll aus dem MediaPortal-Verzeichnis „\plugins\Windows“ (man braucht es nicht, es erzeugt einen Menü-Eintrag ohne Beschriftung im Home-Menü von Mediaportal)

4. Kopiere MediaPortal Skin Image in das Verzeichnis Media deines benutzten Skins

5. Öffne das MediaPortal-Konfiguartionsprogramm und wähle das HD Starter plugin (es ist ein MultishortCut plugin), trage den Pfad zum gewünschten Icon und zur HD_Starter.exe ein.

6. Gebe die benötigten Einstellungen ein, wie in dem Bildschirm der hier gezeigt wird.

7. Starte das Programm GUI-HDStarterINI.jar (um es zu starten, muss eine Java-Runtime installiert sein [googel nach dem Download-Link]}. Möchtest du Java nicht installieren, musst du die Datei hd_starter.ini per Hand verändern. Wenn du ein MCE-Fernbedienung benutzt, dann setze den Wert „hauppauge“. Das heißt eigentlich „irgendeine Fernbedienung“. Ich habe es nur „hauppauge“ genannt, weil ich eine benutze. Vielleicht ändere ich das in Zukunft.

8. Fülle das Formular mit den benötigten Werten.

9. Speichere das Formular in das MediaPortal-Verzeichnis „\plugins\Windows“.

Wenn du eine Hauppauge-Fernbedienung benutzt, kopiere die mitgelieferte Datei „irremote.ini“ in das Windows-System-Verzeichnis, nachdem du die originale „irremote.ini“ gesichert hast. Stoppe den Service der Hauppauge-Fernbedienung und starte ihn neu.

Auf meinem Win7-System hatte ich ein kleines Problem mit der Datei „irremote.ini“. Nachdem ich PowerDVD beendet hatte, wollte der PC PowerCinema starten, obwohl es nicht installiert war. Ich habe herausgefunden, dass die Datei „irremote.ini“ eine Zeile enthält „Green Button start PowerCinema.exe“ oder so. Wenn du das gleiche Problem hast, füge ein Semikolon (;) am Anfang der Zeile ein, die mit „PowerCinema start“ anfängt. Diese Zeile ist jetzt nur noch ein Kommentar.

Mit dem neuen Multishortcut-Installer ist das Ausführen von DLLFix.exe nicht mehr nötig.

Die Skin-Dateien für PowerDVD werden nicht mehr unterstützt, da sie nur bis PowerDVD 8 funktioniert haben. Wenn du sie dennoch benutzen möchte, dann schau in dem oben erwähnten Thread nach.

Bekannte Probleme:

Für nVidia-Benutzer
Das Hin- und Herschalten zwischen Standard und Clone-Modus funktioniert nicht mehr. Es sieht so aus, als hätte nVidia in den neuen Treibern daran etwas geändert. Ich werde mal danach schauen. Ich empfehle den „toggle no“ Radio-Button für die Datei hd_starter.ini zu benutzen. Man sollte sich aber dessen bewusst sein, dass es dadurch Probleme mit einem Setup gibt, das sowohl einen digitalen (sprich HDMI TV) als auch analogen (sprich VGA Monitor) Bildschirm angeschlossen hat. PowerDVD weigert sich eventuell BluRays abzuspielen, da der Kopierschutz es verhindert wenn eine analoge Komponente angeschlossen ist. Abhilfe schafft die Abschaltung der analogen Ausgabe.

Die MedaPortal-Entwickler haben das Skin-Verzeichnis („Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal“) verschoben („Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten“). Deshalb muss man im alten Verzeichnis („Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten“) ein Verzeichnis „skin\[used skin-name]\media“ anlegen, in das man die Bilder kopiert. Vielleicht ist es möglich den kompletten Pfand zum originalen Skin-Verzeichnis ((„Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten“) in der MediaPortal-Konfiguration einzutragen. Ich habs bis jetzt noch nicht probiert. Ich weiß nicht wie man das Konfigurationsprogramm ändert. Vielleicht kann jemand helfen.

Das zur Verfügung gestellte Archiv enthält die neueste Version von HD_Starter mit allen Änderungen, die in moPhats thread hoch kamen.

Die Version wurde mit MediaPortal 1.1.2. und WinXP 32 SP3 und Win7 64 Bit getestet.

Ich habe eine neue HD Starter.dll für MediaPortal 1.2.1 hergestellt (und nur für diese Version)

Installationsanweisung:

Installiere MediaPortal 1.2.1

Entpacke die HD_Starter complete MP 1.1.2.zip in das Verzeichnis „\plugins\Windows“
Danach muss man die Datei HD Starter.dll mit der aus dem zip-Archiv HD Starter 1.2.1 ersetzen.
configure HD_Starter as described before
konfiguriere HD Starter wie beschrieben

Wenn du die Meldung „message string_en.xml missing“ bekommst, musst du das Verzeichnis „MultiShortCut“ (ist im HD_Starter 1.2.1.zip) in das Sprach-Verzeichnis von MediaPortal kopieren.

Das ist alles.

Ich hoffe es funktioniert. Ich habe es unter Win7/64 getestet
[/edit]

[edit] ATi-User who uses 24hz-switch can't switch back to 50 hz by using the provided HD_Starter.exe. Post #80 provides a HD_Starter.exe which switches back to 50hz for ati-cards. [/edit]

Attachments

• HD_Starter complete MP 1.1.2.zip
    505.6 KB
  • HD_Starter 1.2.1.zip
    17.6 KB

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: BluRay with MP and PowerDVD

hmm must have had a bad day as i installed MePo new ...
    - couse creating the folder manually is a real good idea :D

will give that a try as soon as i have time

derhelge

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011

i have a problem.
    i installed all files and when i choose the "app" in mp i get an error

"could not start programm!
    configsection :(HD Starter)

can some tellme what is wrong?

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: BluRay with MP and PowerDVD

- couse creating the folder manually is a real good idea :D

I can promise it works :)

eagle

i have a problem.
    i installed all files and when i choose the "app" in mp i get an error

"could not start programm!
    configsection :(HD Starter)

can some tellme what is wrong?

Check the path you entered in the config-section. Probably it's misspelled

eagle

derhelge

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011

Unbenannt.PNG

these are my settings.
    something wrong? i use win 7 64bit and mp 1.1.2

when i start the hd_starter in a normal explorer it works perfekt.
    i think it is maybe a path problem. i use a german version of win7. in the Hd_starter i must use as path
    c:.... Program Files.... if i use c:....Programme... as path get an path error

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you type in the entire path for the exe-file? e. g. "c:\Program Files(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\HD_Starter.exe" ?

eagle

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and what about that (don't know what it does, but I did it, too)

2. Execute the DLLFix in the plugins\Windows directory

eagle

P. S. I had a look to my Win7/64 machine. The path is:

c:\Programme (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\HD_Starter.exe

Copy and paste it into the config-section of hd-starter and look whether it works

derhelge

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011

execute this file 1000times :(

if you want we can ma a teamviewer session and you can take al look

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom