bluray (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: bluray

Been playing around this morning having installed the BDhandler plugin and after I disabled moving-pictures option to use TMT for BD playback the BDHandler plugin worked.
    Great news I thought - if it works in moving-pictures it should work in MyFilms. Not so.:mad::mad: Trying to launch the exact same movie from MyFilms does nothing still -even though moving-pictures will launch it OK usng the BDHandler process plugin.
    I must be missing something in setup but can't figure out what. The .iso is mounted OK but just wont play.
    Hi Jono25,
    yeah, I remember there was an issue:
    MyFilms: Fixed playback of BR-folders (index.bdmv) with BDHandlerIt is fixed in current trunk, but that was after release of 5.1. Unfortunately, I won't manage to get the 5.2 public version out before christmas, as there is still some work in progress - but anyone interested getting a current testversion can drop me a PM and get it of course.
    Sorry you've been hit by that...

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Re: bluray

I suspicion the update will fix my difficulties as well because my problems present the same way. Look forward to the update.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey Guys, please 'vote' on the Poll: Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films?. We really need to know how many users there are for each movie catalog, (especially for Movie Collector, My Movies, DVD Profiler where no one has responded yet) so please help us out. Thanks!

Hi
    I just voted for AMC. To be honest it's more because of a process of elimination than anything else. It seems to me that none of the other external programs have all the functionality needed to be good enough to give up the extra functionality of AMC updater. A lot of them can't cope with bluray folder structures, for example. At first I thought both MyMovies and Extreme Movie Manager (XMM) looked promising. But MyMovies can't export the actor photos for MyFilms, and while XMM looks like it would be good, I never got past stage one (importing my movies) because it couldn't do a recursive folder search (ie sub folders) for DVD folder structures, and I was roundly ignored on the forums after pointing it out. Therefore rather than trying to change something that is not really there to support MediaPortal I thought it best to use AMC.
    Currently I am running both Moving Pictures and My Films (!) because I haven't decided whether I want the customisation of my own database with MyFilms/AMC or the no interaction but some inevitable film matching errors from MovingPictures. Both are great plugins.

As an aside, is it possible to grab actor photos via AMC?
    Ben

Had to edit as I kept saying MyFilms instead of MyMovies :oops:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Ben - as you know I also made the decision to stick with AMC for similar reasons. I keep teasing Guzzi because he has added so much power and functionality to AMC Updater now that he may as well turn it into a full movie catalog app. Then I duck as he throws things at me :p Thank god for virtual reality! His favorite response is have you tested <100x new features> and updated the Wiki for them? (Touché !)

As an aside, is it possible to grab actor photos via AMC?
    Guzzi has been working on more integrated support for actors and main 'persons' (including photos and detailed info) for a while now - see Issues 24 (Actors Screen) as well as 76 (person list for movies). I have been testing it and it is really coming along nicely! With luck you will have that in v5.2! Of course, there is not yet support for actor photos/info in AMC though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom