Browse The Web / Webbrowser (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What you both miss to understand, is the simple fact that every site that you want to play a video from would have to be supported by Onlinevideos (in order to extract the actual video url) and therefore would already be much remote friendlier browsable by OV.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Aaah allright.. I thought that every URL tot a specific video that is not protected with DRM or others could be played using the API of onlinevideos..

But in That case, it doesnt make any sense to add this option indeed in my opinion.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    An other thing, not possible to have Adblock & NoScript ?
    because lot of popup open, and it's difficult for read website with MePo.

Sure, for read MePo forum, not need to have Adblocker & noscript. but i use it every day, and less virus & spyware ;)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    About the webbrowser vs onlinevideos: I've been thinking the exact same thing for a while, and ended with the same thoughts as offbyone had, so if it's implemented, it would probably very site-specific, and therefore not maintainable. This also holds for another thought of me: easily going to next/previous page in a paginated website (f.e. forums etc).
    If all websites would implement it the same way (f.e. <a class="next" or something, and same with videos/flash players) it would be easy, but those webdesigners use all different techniques

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Aaah allright.. I thought that every URL tot a specific video that is not protected with DRM or others could be played using the API of onlinevideos..

But in That case, it doesnt make any sense to add this option indeed in my opinion.

That is more or less true, but the thing is, to get to the actual url is different for each website

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Getting a weird error per below on v1.5.0.1. I cannot view my bookmarks nor can I add new ones:

Code:
    [2014-02-03 19:12:16,290] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - Error initializing window:BrowseTheWeb.GUIBookmark The file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\bookmarks.bak' already exists. mscorlib    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
       at BrowseTheWeb.Bookmarks.LoadFromXml(String fileName)
       at BrowseTheWeb.GUIBookmark.Init()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Getting a weird error per below on v1.5.0.1. I cannot view my bookmarks nor can I add new ones:

Could it be that you upgraded, downgraded and upgraded again?
    I suggest moving the bookmarks.bak out of the way and try again.

The bookmarks.bak is only created when you upgrade from older version to 1.5 (the format is slightly changed, and it provides a way to rollback), so if you didn't upgrade/downgrade/upgrade again, I'm a bit puzzled as to why it wants to create the .bak for the second time

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Could it be that you upgraded, downgraded and upgraded again?
    I suggest moving the bookmarks.bak out of the way and try again.

The bookmarks.bak is only created when you upgrade from older version to 1.5 (the format is slightly changed, and it provides a way to rollback), so if you didn't upgrade/downgrade/upgrade again, I'm a bit puzzled as to why it wants to create the .bak for the second time

Something really odd is going on. I deleted bookmarks.bak and bookmarks.xml and started from scratch. I saved a new bookmark successfully and quit MP. When I come back there are no bookmarks saved. I also cannot find a bookmarks.xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom