Browse The Web / Webbrowser (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think it does, but will have to investigate netflix.
    Although I think it's more of a job for the netflix plugin

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I think it does, but will have to investigate netflix.
    Although I think it's more of a job for the netflix plugin

Netflix plugin for mepo uses the netflix API and this only supports US content. Netflix have no future plans of world wide support and have closed for new API accounts.

Unfortunately the wife and kids just loves it........but we have exit MePo every time........and poooof there goes the WAF:-P

CGT

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2012
    Alas, no. 1.5.0.0 is the version in which I've upgraded the browsercore (that's probably causing your not supported issue), but 1.5.0.0 needs MP 1.6 or higher

I have updated to MP 1.6 respectively Browse The Web 1.5.0.1 but unfortunately the problem remains. Do you have another idea what the cause could be?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Here in Germany Netflix is recruting people for the launch of a German Netflix ;)

Yes.....but that does not include the API as far as i am informed :-( The counties expansion of netflix is only for the webpage and content.........so another argument for implementing a web based solution.

On xbmc there is a web solution with some keyboard/remote mapping that seems to be working quite nicely.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have updated to MP 1.6 respectively Browse The Web 1.5.0.1 but unfortunately the problem remains. Do you have another idea what the cause could be?

That's odd.
    On my dev-pc it's working ok, but just tested on htpc and there it's giving me the same page as you get (so not working).
    I'll try to see if I can find any differences between them and report back when I have found the culprit

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll try to see if I can find any differences between them and report back when I have found the culprit

That's great! Thank you for checking!

Found it:
    Just add
    user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20130405 Firefox/22.0");
    to the btwebprefs.js (details: see faq in first post)

CGT

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2012
    Yay, it works!
    And by the way, it even does on the computer where I still have MP 1.5.0
    Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom