BSOD when testing Channels in HVR-2250 (1 Viewer)

deamon_knight

Portal Member
November 11, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm playing around with a test setup for Mediaportal. I have several Hauppauge Tuners, one of those tuners is an HVR-2250 dual hybrid tuners. I want to test that I have set up the hybrid cards properly. In the TV Server Configuration the name field is not numbered, but looking at the device path the PCI IDs end in "0" and "1", so I mapped the ATSC and Analog cards that end in "0" in one hybrid card group and the cards ending in "1" into the second.

I've removed all other tuners and tried running a channel test. I've set it for 2 users and the other settings are at the defaults. Running the test ends up with a Blue Screen errors after a few minutes, and requires a reboot.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks
Logs Attached

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I want to test that I have set up the hybrid cards properly. In the TV Server Configuration the name field is not numbered, but looking at the device path the PCI IDs end in "0" and "1", so I mapped the ATSC and Analog cards that end in "0" in one hybrid card group and the cards ending in "1" into the second.
    That's almost certainly correct.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    First you need to establish the cause of the BSOD. When the screen comes up, what component does Windows say is responsible for the problem? Hint: it's often a *.sys file (meaning a driver caused it).

In general, BSODs are an indication that low level operating system components are not happy. Often they'll be caused by bad hardware or bad drivers. When I say "bad" I mean: unstable, poorly designed, damaged, incompatible, not installed correctly. Things of that nature.

Nether of us are able to debug Windows or drivers, so there's not a lot that can be done. In general you're probably limited to swapping cards to different slots, tinkering with BIOS settings, trying different driver versions... etc.

I suspect that the 2250's driver will be the underlying cause.
    This is not the first time people have reported BSOD problems with the 2250. Just search the forum for "2250 blue" or "2250 BSOD" and you'll see what I mean.

This thread recommends using an older driver:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hvr-2250-scanning-channels-causes-crash.102858/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom