Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which plugin should I use which can use the filename of movies on the hard drive to download the movie description and create an XML file for each one?

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've found that if the filename is in the format "movie name (year) any other stuff you wanna say like genre etc" I can then hit the (i) button and select IMDB and it usually finds it... from there I hit the (i) button again and click on "create info file".. remembers it from then on

Last edited:

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're right. I've never contemplated that was built in. I selected a folder and selected Scan and it's doing it now.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is a major issue that we have put up with for a long time which may not be related to MP at all. Perhaps once or twice a week during forward or rewind stepping through recorded TV, the video starts juddering permanently. It looks like 12 frames per second. However, stop the video and the juddering is still visible when navigating around MP when the screen changes. You can see it's not a smooth transition from one page to the next!

I always thought it was my underpowered AMD HD4250 integrated graphics that caused it. I recently installed an AMD 6450 and I can now get Vector Adaptive deinterlacing which is nice, but this juddering is not resolved.

Terminating and restarting MP doesn't always fix it. It seems to come right if I don't load MP for a couple of minutes and leave it at the desktop. Load MP and the menus are smooth again and so is the video. What the?

Is it perhaps related to AMD video cards or the version of the catalyst driver? It's Windows 7 SP2 32-bit.

Anyone with any ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you know you're gonna get asked for logs, right?
    You took the words right out of my mouth... and @rlevis please also start a new thread. The subject has nothing to do with New Zealand or NZ-specific configuration; you'll have much better chance of getting help if you address your query to the whole community.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is anyone else having problems with the (geekzone) EPG loading FourPlus1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom