Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    what? how can you live without baggage battles and storage wars? ;-)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wonder if it has the same issues as the DiNovo Mini, in that it loses the connection randomly and requires the battery removing...

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Logitech k830 $105 @ noel leeming this weekend. Pretty much the ultimate htpc keyboard. Yoy can't get it cheapest price incl getting from Amazon etc.
    I see some of these htpc keyboards but they don't have the 'green button' .. is that something you'd just assign to some other key or something?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes you could probably do that. I use htpc remote control. keyboard is only used if you have to logout of mediaportal to do something and you need a keyboard and mouse.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My 10c worth: I've used a Microsoft Media Centre Keyboard ever since I built my first HTPC (so it's nearly 10 years old now). It's great, it has shortcuts to everything e.g. TV Guide, Pics, Videos etc plus media buttons (i.e. play, stop, pause, volume, channel, back, info etc) and it has the Green Button. Night mode backlights the main keys and the batteries last for ages, easily 6 months. It also has a mouse toggle which takes a bit of getting used to but my wife and kids can use it (when watching Netflix for example) so it's not too bad.

My main remote is a Harmony One but for doing things that need a keyboard (or if it just happens to be closer) the MCE Keyboard gets a 10/10 from me.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah, I have the same keyboard (scored it off tardme for $5 ! cos it didn't come with the receiver, but I already have the green button RC6 remote with which it communicates). I bought it maybe 3 years ago? have yet to change the batteries... but I switch it off when not in use.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Guys

I wondered if any of you have been using Edalex's LogoManager plugin?

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/utilities/logomanager

It's a good idea I think, and NZ radio and TV logos seem to have good support.

One issue though, the logos contained in the repository seem to have non-standard sizing so they display wonderfully in the EPG itself, but elsewhere where they get re-sized, they are distorted. It looks like this is because the logos are sizes like 190 x 52 etc.

Does any one know who owns / maintains the repository? The link to it is here:

https://code.google.com/p/mediaportal-nz-logos/

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, the sizes are normal and vary a little. The logos were always 190 pixels on one or both sides, with padding to make them a 200x200 square. LogoManager can add the padding itself now and the MP2 version does an auto crop, so I've removed it.
    How long have you had this problem, because I only made these changes a few hours ago? Which version of LogoManager are you running? If you go into 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\tv\logos' what size are the logos?

stevied20

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2010
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My 10c worth: I've used a Microsoft Media Centre Keyboard ever since I built my first HTPC (so it's nearly 10 years old now). It's great, it has shortcuts to everything e.g. TV Guide, Pics, Videos etc plus media buttons (i.e. play, stop, pause, volume, channel, back, info etc) and it has the Green Button. Night mode backlights the main keys and the batteries last for ages, easily 6 months. It also has a mouse toggle which takes a bit of getting used to but my wife and kids can use it (when watching Netflix for example) so it's not too bad.

My main remote is a Harmony One but for doing things that need a keyboard (or if it just happens to be closer) the MCE Keyboard gets a 10/10 from me.

I have also been using this keyboard for the last 4 years, bought 2 in NZ, 1 for $50 and 1 for an incredible $1....sold 1 for $50 and kept the best one for free.....very nice board.

Steve (Chch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom