Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @rlevis
    For convenience I will refer to the problems which you mentioned by number:
    1. Doesn't stop recording.
    2. Only records a portion of the program.
    3. Doesn't work correctly after recording.
    4. TV service fails to stop; requires forceful termination via end task.

For problem #2...
    The failure at the 8 minute mark of the "Why Am I?" recording coincides precisely with the stopping of two other recordings ("Egypt's Treasure Guardians" and "Twelve Monkeys") at 21:36. Remember that "Why Am I?" had 2 minutes pre-record and the other two had 6 minutes post record, which explains the 8 minute recording length.

TV Server didn't intentionally try to stop "Why Am I?" until the proper time (22:36) which is why you continue to see the red dot:
    [2016-06-21 22:36:06,214] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: stop record TV ONE 21/06/2016 9:28:06 p.m.-21/06/2016 10:30:00 p.m. Why Am I?

I fail to see a TV Server bug here. Other than stop the two recordings and creating the corresponding thumbnails, TV Server only deletes the earlier One News and Seven Sharp recordings. The only possible explanations I can offer for the problem are external to MediaPortal:
    1. That your system has some kind of problem. Perhaps it's specific to the Hauppauge tuner, or a conflict between the Hauppauge and Blackgold (???) tuners.
    2. That you use a single cable to carry both satellite and terrestrial signals, and the noise/interference from switching off the power to the satellite LNB when the 2 satellite channel recordings finish is disturbing the DVB-T signal somehow.

Problem #3 and #4 are actually one and the same, and in this case related to the "Why Am I?" recording too. TV Server failed to cleanly stop the recording and that is the reason why the TV service wouldn't stop and had to be killed via end task.

Normally you'd expect to see:
    [2016-06-21 21:36:04,466] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: stop record THE ZONE HD 21/06/2016 8:28:14 p.m.-21/06/2016 9:30:00 p.m. 12 Monkeys
    [2016-06-21 21:36:04,471] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph
    [2016-06-21 21:36:04,499] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - debug: IMediaControl stopped! hr = 0x0 :)

For the "Why Am I?" recording we have:
    [2016-06-21 22:36:06,214] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: stop record TV ONE 21/06/2016 9:28:06 p.m.-21/06/2016 10:30:00 p.m. Why Am I?
    [2016-06-21 22:36:06,218] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph

...and no final confirmation that the graph stops. In other words: the tuner DirectShow graph has locked up. This can only be caused by one of the components ("filters") in the graph. The list of filters is very short:
    1. Network provider filter [provided by Microsoft].
    2. Hauppauge tuner filter [provided by Microsoft/Hauppauge].
    3. Hauppauge capture filter [provided by Microsoft/Hauppauge].
    4. Infinite pin tee splitter filter [provided by Microsoft].
    5. MPEG 2 demultiplexer filter [provided by Microsoft].
    6. MPEG 2 transport information filter [provided by Microsoft].
    7. TV Server's TsWriter filter.
    The TsWriter log doesn't show reception of any "stop" command, which means that the problem is caused by one of the other filters. As indicated above, none of them are provided by us. So again: this is not something that I'd consider to be a TV Server bug.

I suspect that all this ties back to the recording stopping at the 8 minute mark... and although problem #1 is not demonstrated, I'd bet a fair amount of money that it's caused by the same underlying issue (whatever it is).

If you want solutions, I'm sorry to say that I don't have any and cannot say more than I've said above. There's simply nothing directly related to TV Server for me to go on. The best I can do is recommend a potential workaround for problems #2, #3 and #4. That is: if the problem appears to be related to the Hauppauge tuners, use the Blackgold (???) DVB-T tuners in preference to the Hauppauge ones.

P.S. Unrelated recommendation: fix (if it still broadcasts), delete or disable EPG grabbing for the "FACE TV" channel. TV Server is continuously attempting and failing to grab EPG for that channel, which won't be helping your power bill. You probably only need to configure TV Server to grab from one channel on transponder 12519 H, and from that you'll get the EPG for all Sky's channels except the HD ones. Either that or pull it all in via XMLTV as I see you're doing for some channels already.

P.P.S. In future please start a separate thread. This thread is long enough already, and not the best place for dealing with specific problems.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for your help. I did have 1 of the Hauppauge DVB-T tuners at the top to take some stress off the Blackgold which is doing a lot of DVB-S work. I've done that, but also found some slightly newer drivers for the Hauppauge HVR-2200 so perhaps that will help.

So you are saying, in the DVB EPG / TV Epg Grabber area, I can untick all Sky DVS-S channels except one? Based on http://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-D1.html, one of the Four+1 channels is on that transponder so I can just tick that channel?

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So you are saying, in the DVB EPG / TV Epg Grabber area, I can untick all Sky DVS-S channels except one?
    Yes.
    You'll also need to ensure that:
    1. "Grab EPG only for channels on same transponder" in the DVB EPG section is unticked.
    2. "Store data only for selected channels" in the DVB EPG -> Tv Epg Grabber and DVB EPG -> Radio Epg Grabber sections is unticked.

Based on http://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-D1.html, one of the Four+1 channels is on that transponder so I can just tick that channel?
    Yes... though I'd be more inclined to tune the "EPG Background Audio" radio channel, because it's less likely to move.
    ...and yes, selecting a radio channel will give you EPG for TV channels as long as you have followed the above instructions.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This seems to be working well. We'll see if it's stable after a few weeks. I have one last question. You mention 12519 H contains all the EPG except the Sky HD channels. Is that available on another transponder? I've always had to use EPG Collector for the HD channels but perhaps I don't need to?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is that available on another transponder? I've always had to use EPG Collector for the HD channels but perhaps I don't need to?
    As far as I know Sky has the EPG data directly linked to their SD channels, but also indirectly linked to their HD channels. TV Server currently isn't able to pick up that indirect link. In other words: the direct answers to your questions are "no" and "you need to use EPGC".

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it correct that the TV Server component is fully stable and not being updated in these newer MP1 releases like 1.15 today?

Who's using MP2 these days and is it worth the transition? Anyone have any idea (number of years) when it may be officially released?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    not being updated in these newer MP1 releases like 1.15 today?
    Yes, it is in "Code Freeze" so no "official" updates since a long time.
    when it may be officially released?
    MP2 is "officially released" since a year now. Also it is not jet feature complete (heavy development is going on under the hood) it is working stable and usable. I'm using MP2 since more than 1.5 years and I experienced lot less issues with MP2 than with MP1 (what I've used before)...

Who's using MP2 these days
    According to the download count around 30-40% of all MP users are using MP2 today and this number is growing daily...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom