Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is no need to uninstall the filters. You can set which filters MP will use in the MP Configuration / Codecs and Renderers settings. MP must have selected some default filters installed with Windows when you uninstalled LAV.

I've had the odd issue with LAV but not lip sync issues.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you are using LAV Audio Decoder, make sure the 'Auto A/V Sync correction' box is ticked in LAV Audio Decoder settings (unless you are using MPAR, but that is not recommended for TV anyway, partly because it has A/V sync issues in that situation).

tm19

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I reinstalled LAV filters (not from the MP extensions, but from nevcairiel) so that I could play my mp4s again. Went through the five minute guide to make sure all the right audio and video switches were on or off as recommended. So far so good. Thanks for your help.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    so ever since I scanned to get bravo (I know the shame.. but the mrs wanted it), and then had to re-set up my EPG - it doesn't get the EPG for prime. .. well it does, but it's machine code.. can post a pic if desired. this is via dvb-t, and on mp1.50. I installed the latest EPG collector (4.3 plus fixpack 5) to see if that would help bu no dice... any clues?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    and then had to re-set up my EPG - it doesn't get the EPG for prime. .. well it does, but it's machine code..
    Disable MP's DVB EPG grabber. Currently it isn't capable of handling the EPG compression scheme used by Freeview.
    Use EPG Collector to grab the EPG. Import via TV Server's XMLTV Import plugin.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I thought I'd done that.. but will re-check thanks
    --- Post updated ---
    it wan't directly enabled (that I could see) but it did have the CRC check enabled.. disabled that and it seems to have cleared it up.. thanks! :)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    next problem(s).
    I'm off work crook so I thought I'd go over my setup and compare it with the new tv I recently purchased.
    the new TV gets more channels (and misses one) compared with mediaportal, on the same aerial (DVBT)

mediaportal gets Chinese TV (the TV does not)

TV gets:
    Te Reo
    Al Jazeera
    HGTV
    Bravo PLUS 1
    Yes Shop
    Shine TV
    Firstlight
    Hope Channel
    Info-Rotorua

mediaportal does not... any clues on what I should do to address? I mean, I don't really care about most of them, but every so often Al Jazeera and HGTV might be of interest. and my other half could prolly use bavo plus1

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think Info-Rotorua is available here but the other channels have been in my MediaPortal for a long time via DVB-T. Don't think I can help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    next problem(s).
    You live in Rotorua, right?
    (Forum profile says "location: rotovegas".)

Te Reo
    Info-Rotorua
    Firstlight
    Available from the same frequency as PRIME, ChoiceTV etc. (602000 kHz in half of the Freeview HD areas including Rotorua; 594000 kHz in the other areas).
    Please rescan that frequency.

Note to other people: Info-Rotorua is only available in the Rotorua area. If you're not in the Rotorua area, you won't get it.

Al Jazeera
    HGTV
    Yes Shop
    Shine TV
    Hope Channel
    Available from 538000 kHz in half of the Freeview HD areas including Rotorua; 530000 kHz in the other areas.
    Please rescan that frequency.

Bravo PLUS 1
    Available from the same frequency as TV3, Bravo etc. (570000 kHz in half of the Freeview HD areas including Rotorua; 562000 kHz in the other areas).
    Formerly FOUR Plus 1.
    Please delete FOUR Plus 1 if you still have it, then rescan that frequency.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yep, I thought I had done, but this isn't the first time I'd thought I'd done something when I hadn't.. will look again.
    --- Post updated ---
    well, I never realised there was an option to set a specific frequency... only ever used the standard option (selected Rotorua from the drop down).
    it's found most now, except bravo plus 1.. will rescan on the weekend. thanks mm135200 - super helpful as always..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom