Cannot build Directshow Filters (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I've merged the latest 1.7.1 hotfix with DJBlu's v1.6 modifications and the merge appears ok with no conflicts indicated either via tortoise git OR in VS when I open it but when I try to compile it I am getting a number of errors that are indicated with the same error explanation:

Error 8 error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt C:\Users\admin\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\MediaPortal\DirectShowFilters\DirectShowHelper\LINK DirectShowHelper (Visual Studio 2010)

The above is just one of around 20 errors with a different filter for each one. My virtual machine is setup with the right software as the build wiki suggests and with no errors from VS 2010 or 12 I'm a bit stumped...

Can some kind soul (possibly a dev?) merge the Exp-Custom.data.grabber.and.series.link.v.1.6.0 with the 1.7.1 hotfix and see if there are conflicts that my untrained eye misses?

Any help gratefully received as I've always had issues with the filters :-(

Chris

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers Sebastiii,

Did you have to resolve any conflicts or was it a straight merge as my system indicated? The second question is how the hell did you build it as I could not get it to work :-(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Nope 0 conflicts to resolve, so the branch is ok, you have surely an issue with something missing but need to kown what :)
    For sure the branch is ok so that's a good point :p

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm pretty you couldn''t build master too right ?
    Nope. Just tried on an untouched version from github and the filters won't build using the scripts or VS2010. Just going through the wiki to make sure I have covered everything...

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    I'm at the exact same stage having the exact same problem if anyone can help.

Initially it complained that mspdb100.dll was missing - it wasn't - I added the path to it to the path env variable but now get a rather more generic error. cl.exe the application was unable to start correctly.

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Oh. I should try and fix things before I come on asking questions...

This mspb100 dll existed in 2 places and I linked to the wrong one. Adding this path to my path got me past the DirectShow filters build.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom