Cannot connect to remote server (Windows 8) (1 Viewer)

S_E_K

December 27, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I have set up MP 1.10 on a Windows 8 PC (Intel i3, 8GB RAM) and live TV works fine locally.
With MP 1.10 on a Windows 7 PC I can test the connection to the remote server but TV does not appear in MP client.
Also XBMC with MP PVR plugin cannot connect (Windows 8 PC has firewall configured correctly).
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

raymon

June 25, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After een update from 1.8.0 to 1.10.0 i`m also unable to connect to the server. When testing the connection seems fine but when connection in MediaPortal the connection fails

I tested both 1.10.0 and 1.5.0 client and all machines are running Windows 7

perky

Portal Pro
January 23, 2014
Home Country
England England
OK, in the absence of any logs, try changing the rtsp server port number in the server from 554 (the default) so something else e.g. 5554. The effects are that the client appears to connect to the server and can see things like EPG, but cannot receive a stream. I had to do this to get my client to receive streams.
Mark.
Edit: As mm said below, please supply logs of the failing system before applying this, the developers can't fix things without information.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Folks, if you want help then you'll need to post log files from both client and server. It simply isn't possible to help without them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom