Can't get CINERGY S2 Stick HD to work (2 Viewers)

Pucco

Portal Member
May 6, 2006
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am unable to get my new CINERGY S2 Stick HD to work. I'm using MP 1.6 final.
In the log files I can see that the receiver is detected during start up but when trying to scan for channels there is a message "Failed to add bda receiver: CINERGY S2 Stick HD. Is it in use?".
The reciever is delivered without drivers which has to be downloaded from terratec's web site so it is the latest.
I have three DVB-T and one DVB-T2 receivers which works perfect. All receivers are USB sticks.
There are no other services or processes that could hold the CINERGY stick that I can see.
If I start ProgDVB I can scan for satellite transponders and watch cannels so the driver and the receiver is working.
Any tips on what to do.

Pucco

Portal Member
May 6, 2006
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello mm

That can be arranged. I have now installed and tested TeamViewer. How do we safely share key and account.

Edit: Discovered that email in my profile was old and incorrect. Have now updated my profile.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

First, thank you again for your patience, time and trust, and I'm sorry that the tuner did not "just work" as it should have.

Attached is a patch for MP 1.6 that should allow you to use the tuner. Please let me know if it works.

Installation instructions:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the "manual control" section and click "stop service".
    3. Close TV Server configuration.
    4. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the TV Server install directory (typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server).
    5. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll file.
    6. Download and unzip the attached TVLibrary.dll into the TV Server install folder.
    7. Open TV Server configuration (click "yes" to start the TV service).
    8. Attempt to use your tuner.
    9. Everything is working... I hope! :)
    Best regards,
    mm

Attachments

• TVLibrary[MP1.6_cinergy_s2_stick_hd].zip
      202.5 KB

Pucco

Portal Member
    May 6, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello mm.

Thank you very much for the late night help.
    I tested the new dll and was very happy when starting the scan and got 89% signal strength and 100% quality. The first transponder showed 8 channels but then no signal on the rest of the transponders. In the appended log file the scan starts at about line 900. Now it doesn't work at all, no signal.
    I don't know if I have broken the receiver when connecting and disconnecting antenna cables.
    I have been using my Dreambox as Diseq controller and LNB supply and tapping the antenna signal from it's pass through connector when it worked in ProgDVB and in the first scan above. Now ProgDVB doesn't work either.
    One problem is that I have a 4:1 Diseq and it is not very clear how it is controlled in MP.
    I have some more experimenting and testing to do to verify if the receiver is broken or some thing else is wrong.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Pucco

Thank you very much for the late night help.
    No problem. :)

I tested the new dll and was very happy when starting the scan and got 89% signal strength and 100% quality. The first transponder showed 8 channels but then no signal on the rest of the transponders. In the appended log file the scan starts at about line 900. Now it doesn't work at all, no signal.
    Hmmmm... :(

I don't know if I have broken the receiver when connecting and disconnecting antenna cables.
    I have been using my Dreambox as Diseq controller and LNB supply and tapping the antenna signal from it's pass through connector when it worked in ProgDVB and in the first scan above. Now ProgDVB doesn't work either.
    Okay. This arrangement will have some limitations. You could only tune transponders with the same:
    • polarity (voltage)
    • band (low/high - 22 kHz)
    • DiSEqC position
    ...and the Dreambox probably has to remain on and tuned.

One problem is that I have a 4:1 Diseq and it is not very clear how it is controlled in MP.
    For a two port switch use simple a and simple b.
    For a four port switch:
    port A = level1AA
    port B = level1AB
    port C = level1BA
    port D = level1BB

16 port DiSEqC 1.1 switches are not supported.

Pucco

Portal Member
    May 6, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mm.

Yes I expected to have about 1/4 of the cannels available from one transponder when using the Dreambox but i would know it is a valid signal. It felt simpler to start whith only the tuning when experimenting with the installation and contiue with DiSEqC later. I will take the reciever with it's exteranal PSU and one LNB to my work and check if it works and come back with more information.

conners

Portal Member
    May 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello again

First, thank you again for your patience, time and trust, and I'm sorry that the tuner did not "just work" as it should have.

Attached is a patch for MP 1.6 that should allow you to use the tuner. Please let me know if it works.

Installation instructions:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the "manual control" section and click "stop service".
    3. Close TV Server configuration.
    4. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the TV Server install directory (typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server).
    5. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll file.
    6. Download and unzip the attached TVLibrary.dll into the TV Server install folder.
    7. Open TV Server configuration (click "yes" to start the TV service).
    8. Attempt to use your tuner.
    9. Everything is working... I hope! :)
    Best regards,
    mm

Hello

I realise that this is an old thread but would you be able to provide a similar solution for MP 1.13.0, please?

I have tried the above dll but it doesn't appear to fix the issue in 1.13.0

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom