Can't Play Recorded TV Files (1 Viewer)

JDaggett

February 7, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I started using Media Portal V1 about a month ago (V1.13.0) as a replacement for Windows Media Center so that I could move the dedicated PVR-PC that I use for recording OTA broadcast TV to Windows-10. It worked great for a while. Now – all of a sudden – MP1 will not play my recorded broadcast TV files. I can still watch live-TV via MP1, and the scheduling and recording functions seem to work and the files are created in the proper location. The symptom is that when I try to play a recorded file, it now flashes a brief static image for about a half-second and then just goes back to the available recordings list. It does the same thing when I try to “manually” open the TS-file from its disk location too. The only clue that I have is that there was an automatic Win10 update that was installed at about the time this problem started (1/29/16) although I do not know that this is related. That update was V1511 (KB3124262).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Welcome to the forum, and thanks for reporting the problem. :)

Your log files show this error:
    [2016-02-07 12:33:02,924] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer: event:ErrorAbort param1:-2004287480 param2:0 param1:0x88890008 param2:0x0

I haven't seen this error very often before, but when I have seen it it's been related to the audio configuration/output. Technically 88890008 means "AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT" so I guess that's not so surprising.

I suggest you:
    1. Configure your TV codec settings which are currently unconfigured. A reasonable basic configuration would be to select the default DirectSound option for audio renderer and the "LAV" option for everything else.
    2. Check why your PC is showing two "1 - SONY AVAMP (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" audio outputs/renderers. Seems a bit odd to me. I suspect one may be bogus. A reboot may get rid of one and solve the problem.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom