Can't see video but can hear audio (2 Viewers)

samj2005@gmail.com

May 15, 2006
Please can someone help me with my problem, i can get all the mediaportal working with the menu displaying (blue background). Once i go into My Video and click E:/ my screen goes black & audio comes out the speakers, can anyone please recommend what i do?

Thanks

redpolo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2006
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try a different codec? :roll:
    Maybe you use the MPV Codec, there is a confirmed Bug in SVN. The screen stay´s black but you hear audio.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does't solve the rpoblem for me.
    I've installed the latest SVN and checked if I have all needed codecs installed. Gspot tells me I have all codecs needed installed. It doesn't happen with all movies on my MP installation. About half of the movies are black, but do have sound. The rest plays normal. If I play a movie that apears black in MP on the same computer with winamp everything works fine. So it has to be something from within MP.
    I tought it might have something to do with the subtitle overlay. It seems that the problem only occures when a movie has subtitles. Even if I turn off subtitles in the config.

I have VobSub installed. Might that be the problem (was never a problem before....)

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm sure it has to do with vobsub now. Disabeling subtitles in VobSub does no good. But stopping VobSub from automaticly being loaded in it's configuration DOES help. The only disadvantige is that subtitles don't work anymore :x

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the latest k-lite mega codecpack installed. The pack contains two versions of DirecVobSub.... 2.37 and 2.33. I had 2.37 installe with which the blank screen problem occured. I have reinstalled the k-lite codec pack with all options set to the default except the DirectVobSub filter, I've set it to version 2.33, and the problem is solved :)

Conclusion: DirectVobSub version 2.37 isn't compatible with MP. Version 2.33 is.

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    codec mega-packs kill systems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom