CD's - Playing and half speed (best way to describe it!) (1 Viewer)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Evening,

Have just upgrade from 1.11 to 1.13 hoping to resolve this issue, but alas no.

These best way to describe this is that CD's (all CD's) are being played at I would best describe at 'half-speed' - The audio is skipping and jumping in such a way that a track takes roughly twice as long to play; they resulting audio is a total mess.

In any form of windows player the same CD's play just fine.

Any ideas? I'm stumped..

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Speculating is a possibility. However, we cannot really help you without complete logs. Please use the Watchdog to reproduce the issue and collect full logs.

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Here we go chief. Problem reproduced in this log....

Thanks

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem reproduced in this log....
    Thank you:)

As a side remark: the log shows the plugin "WebBrowser" to be incompatible with 1.13. Sinceit is not loaded anyway, you can as well uninstall it.

Regarding the music issue there is not much to be seen in the log: all activities appear OK, yet you are experiencing slow replay of the audio CD.
    • Do you have any music stored on disk? Does this play correctly? (I assume it does)
    • Please change the buffer time to something short like 0.1 or 0.2 sec. Does this make a difference?
    • Lastly, change audio player from BASS to Wasapi. Does this make a difference?

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Glad that it worked out for you:)

In the config guide it says buffer should be 0.5, so I set it to that and violia!
    Unfortunately it's a little bit trickier and 0.5s will not always work. The optimal buffer size is a function of the hardware and the respective sound driver. MePo tries to read this informaiton from the sound driver during install. As you can see it is not always reporting good values...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom