Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @Tuomaa

Yep, when you press the Smart TV button on a Samsung, it will disconnect any connected 'AnyNET+' device before launching the smart home screen. Because it is not a power down situation but a disconnect, MP still remains either playing OR active, so there is no inactive source sent through CEC.

Chris

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi @Tuomaa

Yep, when you press the Smart TV button on a Samsung, it will disconnect any connected 'AnyNET+' device before launching the smart home screen. Because it is not a power down situation but a disconnect, MP still remains either playing OR active, so there is no inactive source sent through CEC.

Chris

I see, maybe I could add virtual button for that. Can you check the log for what actually happens after pressing the smart TV button? Look for
    "received libcec alert: xxxx".

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yup log file states this:

[2014-03-24 17:39:02,803] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED)
    [2014-03-24 17:47:30,892] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: HDMI-device: RecordingDevice1 was deactivated.
    [2014-03-24 17:47:30,903] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: SetRepaint()
    [2014-03-24 17:47:30,908] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: SetRepaint()
    [2014-03-24 17:48:11,937] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: HDMI-device: RecordingDevice1 was activated.
    [2014-03-24 17:48:11,943] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - planescene:presentImage() frame:0 enabled:True allowed:False
    [2014-03-24 17:48:11,956] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - planescene:presentImage() frame:1 enabled:True allowed:False
    [2014-03-24 17:48:11,968] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: Repainting -> Playing, Frames: 2

So those two CEC remote bits occurred when I ran a Smart TV app and then dropped back to that source. The program was still playing during that short time the Smart TV was active.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    [2014-03-24 17:47:30,892] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: HDMI-device: RecordingDevice1 was deactivated.
    [2014-03-24 17:48:11,937] [Log ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: HDMI-device: RecordingDevice1 was activated.

So those two CEC remote bits occurred when I ran a Smart TV app and then dropped back to that source. The program was still playing during that short time the Smart TV was active.

Those are exactly the events that trigger the virtual buttons. Mapping the "source deactivated" to action "pause" will pause the media player when source changes. Or are trying to accomplish something else?

cecremote.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    How to configure the computer off when the TV off, and then I set up, ordered Windows Shutdown, turn off the TV and in the media portal pops up a menu with choices, shut down, restart, etc. How to get around it?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How to configure the computer off when the TV off, and then I set up, ordered Windows Shutdown, turn off the TV and in the media portal pops up a menu with choices, shut down, restart, etc. How to get around it?
    You need to enable the TV power off -virtual button from advanced power settings. Then you can map it to windows shutdown etc. (see the picture above).

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    You need to enable the TV power off -virtual button from advanced power settings. Then you can map it to windows shutdown etc. (see the picture above).
    I have so configured, but turning off the TV, the computer does not turn off when the TV screen is the issue of the alleged action:
    =ShutdownMenu.jpg

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have so configured, but turning off the TV, the computer does not turn off when the TV screen is the issue of the alleged action

Well, you are right, the "shutdown windows" action seems to bring up the actions menu instead of shutting the system down. This happens with any remote. I'm not sure if this is a MediaPortal bug or if it's supposed to work like that. I look into it. You can use standby or hibernate actions though, if those work out for you?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    You can use standby or hibernate actions though, if those work out for you?
    I want the computer to shut off ... It's not difficult.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @Tuomaa
    Can add to the configuration option to Forced ShutDown Windows. And forced off Windows, the plugin itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom