CECRemote [0.9.7] (4 Viewers)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are there any plans to make this plugin work with wake up from LAN?
    I don't want my HTPC to turn on the TV when I wake up the HTPC for Ampdroid.

Once, 1 or 2 years ago, I made some scheduled task which was able to tell if the PC was woken by LAN.
    I did it by checking the wake up method to be a USB device.
    If this was merged into CEC-Remote, the plugin would be perfect.

I've searched for something similar, and this looks a bit like what I used back then http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179257-wake-source-read-event-viewer-log.html

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Are there any plans to make this plugin work with wake up from LAN?
    I don't want my HTPC to turn on the TV when I wake up the HTPC for Ampdroid.

There was plans at some point, but since my motherboard doesn't support WOL, testing/debugging was nightmare. We tested some build with megahorst? while ago and wake-on-lan seemed to trigger "user" wake-up events, so it wasn't implemented.

Once, 1 or 2 years ago, I made some scheduled task which was able to tell if the PC was woken by LAN.
    I did it by checking the wake up method to be a USB device.
    If this was merged into CEC-Remote, the plugin would be perfect.
    Well if you have some code to merge, then yes, for sure it's possible.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There was plans at some point, but since my motherboard doesn't support WOL, testing/debugging was nightmare. We tested some build with megahorst? while ago and wake-on-lan seemed to trigger "user" wake-up events, so it wasn't implemented.

Ok, too bad.

Well if you have some code to merge, then yes, for sure it's possible.

Basically I only want the TV to go on when my remote control sends a wake up command and my tv to go of when HTPC suspends.
    I'm not sure if i can switch the TV on and off with the pulse-eight cec-client.exe command tool.
    I it was, it should not be too difficult to make a scheduled task for it.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm not sure if i can switch the TV on and off with the pulse-eight cec-client.exe command tool.

Something like 'ceclient -s spl 0' should switch the TV on. For swithing off: 'ceclient -s standby 0'. I'm not sure if I remember those right. but the ceclient help has more information.

Stuart475898

Portal Member
    February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

Really happy with this plugin as it means I only need the one remote - I cant stand having more than one lying around. I am however, having a slight problem with a new client I have just built. Its running MePo 1.6, CECRemote 0.9.4 and is configured to send the HTPC to sleep when I power off the TV. When I power the TV back on the HTPC turns on too, however the remote stops working and I have to restart MePo to get control back. This also happens with the CECTray app from P8 if I send the PC to sleep with it open.

Attached are the logs. These show MePo being started, me pressing right/left and then turning the TV off. I then turn it back on, give it a minute and try to use the remote but no response. I then close MePo. The interesting bit is at 2014-07-14 15:56:40,515 where the message 'CecRemote: Received libcec Alert: ConnectionLost' is logged a few times.

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Attached are the logs. These show MePo being started, me pressing right/left and then turning the TV off. I then turn it back on, give it a minute and try to use the remote but no response. I then close MePo. The interesting bit is at 2014-07-14 15:56:40,515 where the message 'CecRemote: Received libcec Alert: ConnectionLost' is logged a few times.

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help

It seems the adapter doesn't get prepared (disconnected properly) for sleep, but it's difficult to say why. Does this happen if you put the computer to sleep using the shutdown menu of MePo?

Stuart475898

Portal Member
    February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you for your reply. The same happens if you send it to sleep using the MePo menu. I checked the logs and the same error message is reported.

Is it possible to tell windows to disconnect it at sleep?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thank you for your reply. The same happens if you send it to sleep using the MePo menu. I checked the logs and the same error message is reported.

Is it possible to tell windows to disconnect it at sleep?
    The plugin (or libcectray etc.) does that when the computer is about to enter sleep, but for some reason this is not happening. If your motherboard has different USB-types (USB2 & USB3) try to switch the port type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom