CECRemote [0.9.7] (1 Viewer)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
CECREMOTE

CecRemote is a remote control plugin for MediaPortal. It allows you to control MediaPortal with TV remote using HDMI-CEC signals.

FEATURES
  • fully customizable key mappings
  • automatically power on TV and other HDMI devices when MediaPortal starts
  • automatically power off devices when MediaPortal is closed, system enters sleep or computer is powered off
  • option to set the HDMI device type that is reported to TV
  • fast scrolling feature to quickly scroll trough long lists
  • extensions plugin support for changing settings without leaving MediaPortal
  • customizable actions when TV is switched off (for example put computer to sleep)
REQUIREMENTS
  • libCEC compatible USB-CEC adapter (from Pulse-Eight)
  • TV that supports HDMI-CEC
INSTALLATION
  1. Connect USB-CEC adapter and install drivers for it
  2. Update adapter firmware if necessary
  3. Download and install the plugin
  4. Set at least HDMI-port from plugin settings
  5. Start controlling MediaPortal using your TV’s remote

UPDATE 28.02.2016

Download version 0.9.7

Please note! You need Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Packages to run newer libcec versions. x86 version is necessary for 64bit operating systems too.

Changelog

Download version 0.9.4 for MediaPortal 1.5.X and older

Source code:
https://github.com/tuomas-k/CECRemote

Last edited:

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

A little bit Offtopic, but I've saw that there is a firmware update available for the CEC Adapter (V3).
    Has anyone installed this new version ?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

A little bit Offtopic, but I've saw that there is a firmware update available for the CEC Adapter (V3).
    Has anyone installed this new version ?

I think V2 rev6 is recommended firmware currently. Not much (if any) information available about V3.
    I changed the "firmware" link in the first post to avoid confusion.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I did some first testing with the new version. Big Thanks for this new release.

Since the update I have never seen an exception after resume.

What I have mentioned:
    The filtering of short key strokes does not work any more. The testtab of the plugin configuration shoes 0ms for each
    I have mentioned that my tv shoes a label when MePo starts or the plugin configuration starts. But the label is not correct in many cases. I have seen "CEC Tray" or "Settings" when starting MePo.

I also have updated the libCEC version to 2.04. P8 has fixed some problems with philips devices in this release. With the 2.04 release the "STOP" button of my remote is not recognised any more.

The CECtray shoes the following output when pressing "STOP":

Code:
    TRAFFIC:            58410 >> 01:44:45
    DEBUG:              58424 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
    TRAFFIC:            58753 >> 01:45
    DEBUG:              58769 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control release (45)
    DEBUG:              59798 key auto-released: stop (45)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @megahorst
    I think the filtering works normally, but it is reported incorrectly in the test tab. Patch for this coming up later this week.

Haven't played with libCEC 2.04, but it seems to me that the KeyEvent callback is not sent correctly for this key. If you press e.g. "PLAY" or other media keys, do you see "key pressed" notices? If so, I'm quite sure it is a libCEC issue.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @megahorst
    Haven't played with libCEC 2.04, but it seems to me that the KeyEvent callback is not sent correctly for this key. If you press e.g. "PLAY" or other media keys, do you see "key pressed" notices? If so, I'm quite sure it is a libCEC issue.

All the other Keys are working fine. It's only "STOP"
    Should I open a bug-report in the P8 forum or in their GIT?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    All the other Keys are working fine. It's only "STOP"
    Should I open a bug-report in the P8 forum or in their GIT?

Hold on.
    I read the libCEC code trough and it seems that STOP key is working as a some sort of "combo key" now. So if you press STOP and after that quickly some other key, like SELECT, you get a combo that is reported as a EXIT-keypress. If you don't press any other key after STOP, the combo gets timed out eventually and it is registered. The problem is, that STOP doesn't get pushed to keybuffer with duration 0 first, and the delay after that is so huge that it is ignored by the plugin. STOP as a combo seems to be hard coded and I didn't find an option to set this feature off, so I probably have to change the plugin a bit, or ask P8 if it's possible to disable the combo. Unfortunately no timetable for this at the moment.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I ended up compiling custom version of libCEC 2.0.4 for now, with no combo keys. It's also a bit more responsive with MediaPortal. Double tap filtering has changed a little, just set it to a delay that is required between key strokes to be registered. Most TV's don't need it anyway so just leave unchecked unless you experience problems.
    Download here: http://code.google.com/p/cecremote/downloads/detail?name=CecRemote-0-8-3.mpe1

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dumb noob wiring question: does the USB-HDMI box use a second HDMI cable, or does the video signal get routed through the USB? Or something else??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom