CECRemote [0.9.7] (7 Viewers)

Stuart475898

Portal Member
February 7, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've tried it in the other two USB ports, athough both are USB2; I'm running an Intel NUC DC3217IYE.

I've also tried both another computer and using another adapter (using another one with a computer on all the time). Using another machine works fine, however using the other adapter in the NUC gives the same result - not responsive. I have also tried downgrading the USB root hub driver to the default Microsoft one and the problem persists.

What is strange though is that every once in a while, the problem wont be there if I try it using the CECTray application - sometimes it works. Unfortunately, there appears to be no pattern to it working and I cant reproduce it reliably.

Thank you for your help so far.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
I've tried it in the other two USB ports, athough both are USB2; I'm running an Intel NUC DC3217IYE.

I've also tried both another computer and using another adapter (using another one with a computer on all the time). Using another machine works fine, however using the other adapter in the NUC gives the same result - not responsive. I have also tried downgrading the USB root hub driver to the default Microsoft one and the problem persists.

What is strange though is that every once in a while, the problem wont be there if I try it using the CECTray application - sometimes it works. Unfortunately, there appears to be no pattern to it working and I cant reproduce it reliably.

Thank you for your help so far.

Something must go wrong while the system is entering sleep. Just guessing here, but maybe there is some device driver that hangs or some plugin is stealing all the time that mediaportal has available to prepare for sleep? Can you test removing other usb devices, disabling e.g. network devices and disabling all other mepo plugins?

Stuart475898

Portal Member
February 7, 2014
Home Country
Well I've narrowed it down to the Argus TV plugin that is causing the problem. I disabled all plugins within MePo and it works. Enabled the first four (Argus is the first) and it stopped working. Enabled the first two and it didn't work. Disabled Argus, and enabled a load of plugins and it works.

I've tried changing all of the settings on the Argus plugin config page but the problem persists. With that in mind, unless anyone has any other suggestions I'll head over to the Argus TV forums and put a post up on there about it.

Thank you for your help Tuomaa

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Well I've narrowed it down to the Argus TV plugin that is causing the problem. I disabled all plugins within MePo and it works. Enabled the first four (Argus is the first) and it stopped working. Enabled the first two and it didn't work. Disabled Argus, and enabled a load of plugins and it works.

I've tried changing all of the settings on the Argus plugin config page but the problem persists. With that in mind, unless anyone has any other suggestions I'll head over to the Argus TV forums and put a post up on there about it.

Thank you for your help Tuomaa

No problem. By the way, are you running Argus on the other machine that works? If so, could you post a log for reference?

CECRemote doesn't currently try to reconnect if the connection to the adapter is lost, so if it doesn't have a chance to properly prepare for sleep, it just thinks the adapter was removed. I'll try to add some sort of an option to force it to reconnect for next version of the plugin, it's good to have as a workaround anyway.

Stuart475898

Portal Member
February 7, 2014
Home Country
Tuomaa,

The other machine that it worked with was my main PC, and it wasn't running MePo or Argus so there aren't any logs sorry. Could I be cheeky and ask if the release of the next version of the plugin will be on the time scale of weeks or months?

Once again, thank you for your help with this

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Tuomaa,
    I have somehow mixed up my HDMI-CEC configuration.
    When the PC resumes or MediePortal is started my TV-Set switches the HDMI-Port to a wrong one.
    What I have done:
    I had to do some cable work behind my TV-Set and my AVR. During this work I have mixed up the HDMI Cables. I put the outgput of my htpc to the AVR instead of the TV set, where it was hosted before.
    Then I have mentioned that I did not have a picture at the screen and have moved the cable from my AVR to my TV-Set, while the TV, the AVR and the htpc where running.

Now, when starting MePo or resuming the PC the TV switches to HDMI one instead leaving the source at HDMI2, where the htpc is connected.
    Also the AVR is switching from TV-Out (ARC) to HDMI1.
    After swichting all ports back to the right one the remote does not work.

The whole cabling is this:

TV-Set HDMI1: ARC to AVR
    TV-Set HDMI2: htpc

Does anybody have an idea, how to repair this?

My configuration:
    upload_2014-7-25_22-23-33.png

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did some additional testing regarding the problem described above.
    Within the P8 traytool it is the same.
    When Starting it it switches the hdmi-Port from 2 where the HTPC is connected to 1.
    Within the traytool I can see that it is assuming, that the adapter has a phisical adress of 1.1.0.0, which means that it thinks, that the adapter is connected to hdmi-port one of my AVR.
    It does not care which hdmi-port I choose in traytool configuration. After the tool has dicovered all hdmi devices the phisical adress is alway set to 1.1.0.0.
    After setting the phisical adress hard to 2000 the traytool works, but the plugin still does not ...

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My PC is connected via an AV receiver to the TV. In between is the CEC adapter. If I now the PC from standby to wake and then the AV receiver and the TV is turned on, then I have no sound. I have to turn off the AV receiver once and wait for a short time. Then I can turn on the AV receiver and the sound is there. I need as long as the switch to wait until I use the PC desktop on the TV again to see.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a question, as I do not know how the adapter is working
    Does the CEC adapter support HDMI 2.0 / UHD resolutions - or is it limited to HDMI 1.4 / HD resolutions?

Thanks in advance,

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I did some additional testing regarding the problem described above.
    Within the P8 traytool it is the same.
    When Starting it it switches the hdmi-Port from 2 where the HTPC is connected to 1.
    Within the traytool I can see that it is assuming, that the adapter has a phisical adress of 1.1.0.0, which means that it thinks, that the adapter is connected to hdmi-port one of my AVR.
    It does not care which hdmi-port I choose in traytool configuration. After the tool has dicovered all hdmi devices the phisical adress is alway set to 1.1.0.0.
    After setting the phisical adress hard to 2000 the traytool works, but the plugin still does not ...

Some sort of hdmi reset for TV might help, but anyway, I added option to force the physical address for 0.9.5.[DOUBLEPOST=1411247224][/DOUBLEPOST]
    My PC is connected via an AV receiver to the TV. In between is the CEC adapter. If I now the PC from standby to wake and then the AV receiver and the TV is turned on, then I have no sound. I have to turn off the AV receiver once and wait for a short time. Then I can turn on the AV receiver and the sound is there. I need as long as the switch to wait until I use the PC desktop on the TV again to see.

Which controls the receiver power state, CECRemote or the TV? Try waking the receiver explicitly from CECRemote when the system resumes from stanby. The setting is under Power options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom