CECRemote [0.9.7] (6 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry in advance if this is a really dumb question but I am am new to this and am trying this plugin but can't get everything I want to work.
    I am using a Phillips PFL5008T TV with both CEC and CEC Remote settings on, Pulse 8 firmware is the latest, navigation and sleep/standby appear to work OK, selecting channel with the number buttons is also OK but Channel up/down does not work nor does volume control (just shows OSD TV volume). Audio output is direct and controlled from the HTPC/MP1 to analog stereo amp. Should the TV remote be able to control MP1 volume and channel up/down? If yes what am I doing wrong?
    Please note I am in the final stages of migrating from Windows MC on my HTPC (Win 7 x 64) to MP and currently running them in paralell so the system info. in my profile is not current as it represents my desktop PC rather than the HTPC. I do have the HDMI CEC Tray app. installed but not running.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    TV usually sends volume control buttons only to connected HDMI amplifier, however you can remap any working buttons to control MediaPortal volume, check button mappings from CeCRemote settings.
    If some buttons aren't working, it usually means that TV is not sending those buttons over CEC or they are not mapped to any functions. Check your TV's settings, sometimes it's possible to select which buttons are used for CEC. Also, you could check mediaportal log for "unmapped button received" messages.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    interesting that MP is not in the list, as MP mentioned 3 times in their changeLog https://cecremote.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/CecRemote/changelog.txt :)

I don't have anything to do with actual libcec development or Pulse-Eight, all tough the libcec supplied with this plugin is slightly modified.

Did you ever consider asking the Pulse-Height guys to reference MediaPortal there:
    http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/adopters

No, not really, since I didn't consider this plugin as very "official" support (i.e. in mediaportal core).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom