ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @Tuomaa
    In the current version is a function of forced computer shutdown? Or it can be add something like the most? Like::
    C#:
    action = new Action(Action.ActionType.ACTION_POWER_OFF, 0, 0);
    GUIGraphicsContext.OnAction(action);

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    How to connect the adapter and configure?
    TV - HDMI ARC - AV Reciever - HDMI - HDMI CEC Adapter - PC
    or
    TV - HDMI ARC - HDMI CEC Adapter - AV Reciever - HDMI - PC
    Which settings make the plugin? Device (TV or Audio)? Playback device? Port (Auto or Manua)? In both cases?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My AVR is dead, but if remember right the cabling was:
    TV - HDMI ARC - AV Reciever - HDMI - HDMI CEC Adapter - PC
    In the plugin configure that the adapter is connected to a AVR. The device should be playback or recording device. The port should be the port of the AVR that is connected to the adapter and the PC.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the current version is a function of forced computer shutdown?
    You can configure the plugin to shutdown or going to sleep the PC when the TV set is switched of or the source is changed.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    I am using a USB remote in conjunction with a Pulse Eight HDMI adaptor and the CEC plugin to control volume and sleep of my AVR and TV, it works very well except for one circumstance as follows:-
    If the HTPC is recording and I put it into standby the AVR and TV go to sleep while the recording continues on the PC, as it should, until completed at which time the it will also go into standby all without problem. If, however, I attempt to wake the sytem up while the recording is in progress, by pressing a key on the remote, the AVR and TV remain in standby which is the problem.

If I manually wake the TV during a recording but before pressing a key on the usb remote, it shows a blank screen with a no signal text, which I assume is awaymode. Once a key is pressed the MePo home screen appears. Should the plugin generate a resume from sleep power up of the AVR and TV when the HTPC transitions from Awaymode to Media Portal running?
    If not any suggestions on a way round this.

Regards
    Joe

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi
    I am using a USB remote in conjunction with a Pulse Eight HDMI adaptor and the CEC plugin to control volume and sleep of my AVR and TV, it works very well except for one circumstance as follows:-
    If the HTPC is recording and I put it into standby the AVR and TV go to sleep while the recording continues on the PC, as it should, until completed at which time the it will also go into standby all without problem. If, however, I attempt to wake the sytem up while the recording is in progress, by pressing a key on the remote, the AVR and TV remain in standby which is the problem.

If I manually wake the TV during a recording but before pressing a key on the usb remote, it shows a blank screen with a no signal text, which I assume is awaymode. Once a key is pressed the MePo home screen appears. Should the plugin generate a resume from sleep power up of the AVR and TV when the HTPC transitions from Awaymode to Media Portal running?
    If not any suggestions on a way round this.

Regards
    Joe

It definitely should. Away mode is special case, but the actions should be the same as they are for resuming from sleep. Check the power options first, that you have the devices selected that you want to wake. If the settings are correct, there is something else wrong, posting a log that covers the transition, would be the next step.[DOUBLEPOST=1455385955][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @Tuomaa
    In the current version is a function of forced computer shutdown? Or it can be add something like the most? Like::
    C#:
    action = new Action(Action.ActionType.ACTION_POWER_OFF, 0, 0);
    GUIGraphicsContext.OnAction(action);

Do you mean the situation when TV is switched off? That is still a virtual button press. Since you are from test group, are you able to confirm that bringing up the power-menu instead of shutting the computer down is intended behavior for that action? Other remotes I tested work the same way...

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It definitely should. Away mode is special case, but the actions should be the same as they are for resuming from sleep. Check the power options first, that you have the devices selected that you want to wake. If the settings are correct, there is something else wrong, posting a log that covers the transition, would be the next step.
    Power options look good to me so please find attached the log covering the following events/timing:-
    16:53 Start MP from the desktop.
    16:54 Place in standby (press power button on USB remote) HTPC, AVR and TV all go to sleep (demo of working OK).
    16:55 Press button on USB remote, HTPC, AVR and TV all resume from standby.
    16:56 TV recording started.
    16:57 Place in standby (press power button on USB remote), AVR and TV go to sleep HTPC still active.
    16:58 Press button on USB remote, HTPC a bit more active but AVR and TV remain in standby.
    Approx. 17:00 Manually wake up TV and AVR, stop recording, close MP and collect logs.

Regards
    Joe

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    That is still a virtual button press. Since you are from test group, are you able to confirm that bringing up the power-menu instead of shutting the computer down is intended behavior for that action? Other remotes I tested work the same way...
    Yes, that is right. I made a proposal to add the Power OFF event so that you can select it in the console settings. But so far no one has said nothing.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It definitely should. Away mode is special case, but the actions should be the same as they are for resuming from sleep. Check the power options first, that you have the devices selected that you want to wake. If the settings are correct, there is something else wrong, posting a log that covers the transition, would be the next step.
    Power options look good to me so please find attached the log covering the following events/timing:-
    16:53 Start MP from the desktop.
    16:54 Place in standby (press power button on USB remote) HTPC, AVR and TV all go to sleep (demo of working OK).
    16:55 Press button on USB remote, HTPC, AVR and TV all resume from standby.
    16:56 TV recording started.
    16:57 Place in standby (press power button on USB remote), AVR and TV go to sleep HTPC still active.
    16:58 Press button on USB remote, HTPC a bit more active but AVR and TV remain in standby.
    Approx. 17:00 Manually wake up TV and AVR, stop recording, close MP and collect logs.

Regards
    Joe

OK, thanks for the log, this is clearly a bug. I'll try to fix it at some point, but if you go to advanced settings under power options and check the check box "Require user input before waking devices", that might actually fix it temporarily... (assuming that option doesn't cause other unwanted behavior for you)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom