CECRemote [0.9.7] (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, thanks for the log, this is clearly a bug. I'll try to fix it at some point, but if you go to advanced settings under power options and check the check box "Require user input before waking devices", that might actually fix it temporarily... (assuming that option doesn't cause other unwanted behavior for you)

So far that looks good:).
    Many thanks

Update:- 1) Reference the previous scenario, sometimes it resumes with mute on both MP and AVR and although using the mute button appears to unmute it there is still no audio. It needs a restart of MP to correct. ("unwanted behaviour"?);)
    2) In a scenario where everything is in standby and the HTPC wakes to make a recording then I am not able to use the USB remote to wake the AVR and TV:(.

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    OK, thanks for the log, this is clearly a bug. I'll try to fix it at some point, but if you go to advanced settings under power options and check the check box "Require user input before waking devices", that might actually fix it temporarily... (assuming that option doesn't cause other unwanted behavior for you)

So far that looks good:).
    Many thanks

Update:- 1) Reference the previous scenario, sometimes it resumes with mute on both MP and AVR and although using the mute button appears to unmute it there is still no audio. It needs a restart of MP to correct. ("unwanted behaviour"?);)
    2) In a scenario where everything is in standby and the HTPC wakes to make a recording then I am not able to use the USB remote to wake the AVR and TV:(.

1) I find it hard to believe the plugin would cause something like this. It sounds like the infamous "away mode mute" https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/windows-7-keeps-muting-sound.101244/

2) Upcoming fix should correct this.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    0.9.7 looks good so far for "problem 1" I can resume from sleep using the usb remote without checking the advanced setting "Require user input before waking devices".(y)

Without the "Require user input before waking devices" setting being checked when the HTPC resumes from sleep, (as per problem 2), automatically to make a recording then the AVR and TV also wake up at the same time.
    With the "Require user input before waking devices" checked the and HTPC wakes up for a
    recording, the AVR and TV remain in standby, but pressing buttons on the USB remote or keys on the keyboard will still not wake up the AVR and TV for me. So problem 2 appears unchanged.

BTW the download from the link above got me an installer for 0.8.1 &0.8.2. the MP1 Extension manager idicated an update to 0.9.7 was available but could not get a connection to the server but I was able to get it from the download tag on the tittle page in plugins;)

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    With the "Require user input before waking devices" checked the and HTPC wakes up for a
    recording, the AVR and TV remain in standby, but pressing buttons on the USB remote or keys on the keyboard will still not wake up the AVR and TV for me. So problem 2 appears unchanged.

Could you attach a log covering this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom