joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you attach a log covering this?

Hi again
    After further investigation/observation on problem 2, I now believe the CECRemote plugin is not at fault. I have attached the logs for a problem 2 incident and would be most gratefull if you can point me in the right direction but basically it looks like after scheduling a TV recording for a later time then putting the HTPC in standby results in MP hanging at the time that standby is initiated, hence using the USB remote/KB cannot wake the AVR/TV, even though Windows still goes ahead and makes the recording. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin and reinstalling CEC adaptor drivers, but no change.
    Logs are for the following actions/times:-
    17:20 Start MP and schedule a recording for 17:30
    17:22 Power button pressed on USB Remote, HTPC/AVR/TV go into standby
    1730 HTPC now awake, manually wake TV, MP home screen displayed with time showing 17:22, no navigation or response to remote/KB, use KB to open Task Manager and close MP (approx 25% CPU). Collect logs.
    Hope you can help
    Regards
    Joe

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Could you attach a log covering this?

Hi again
    After further investigation/observation on problem 2, I now believe the CECRemote plugin is not at fault. I have attached the logs for a problem 2 incident and would be most gratefull if you can point me in the right direction but basically it looks like after scheduling a TV recording for a later time then putting the HTPC in standby results in MP hanging at the time that standby is initiated, hence using the USB remote/KB cannot wake the AVR/TV, even though Windows still goes ahead and makes the recording. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin and reinstalling CEC adaptor drivers, but no change.
    Logs are for the following actions/times:-
    17:20 Start MP and schedule a recording for 17:30
    17:22 Power button pressed on USB Remote, HTPC/AVR/TV go into standby
    1730 HTPC now awake, manually wake TV, MP home screen displayed with time showing 17:22, no navigation or response to remote/KB, use KB to open Task Manager and close MP (approx 25% CPU). Collect logs.
    Hope you can help
    Regards
    Joe

There seems to be no powerbroadcast (PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND) when user is present again ~ 17:30, hence the plugin is not going to wake the TV. The plugin doesn't seem to crash, because it even exists properly when MP is killed:

Code:
    [2016-03-09 17:31:34,972] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - CecRemote: Closing connection to client...
    [2016-03-09 17:31:34,972] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Sent inactive source.

The only weird thing I found is that the plugin (and system) is exiting away mode at 17:21 even though it didn't enter away mode:

Code:
    [2016-03-09 17:21:12,520] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE)
    [2016-03-09 17:21:12,520] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: The computer is exiting away mode
    [2016-03-09 17:21:12,520] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - CecRemote: PowerControl: Received GUID_SYSTEM_AWAYMODE 0 and sleepmode is False and awaymode is False

Is the system responsive after recording if the plugin is not active/installed?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, with the plugin disabled and a recording scheduled putting the HTPC in standby will action Away mode and it can be woken up and put to sleep with MP responsive right up to the time when the recording starts. At the recording start time the HTPC wakes up, Away mode is deactivated and MP is displayed but is now unresponsive and the time displayed is that of the last time it was put to sleep. The HTPC never returns to sleep and remains unresponsive even after the recording has finished, I guess because although MP is hung it is still using significant CPU so no idle timeout. This behaviour is the same as when the plugin is functional except of course without the AVR /TV going to standby.
    Could the problem lie with Power Scheduler? Should I try a new MP install?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    No, with the plugin disabled and a recording scheduled putting the HTPC in standby will action Away mode and it can be woken up and put to sleep with MP responsive right up to the time when the recording starts. At the recording start time the HTPC wakes up, Away mode is deactivated and MP is displayed but is now unresponsive and the time displayed is that of the last time it was put to sleep. The HTPC never returns to sleep and remains unresponsive even after the recording has finished, I guess because although MP is hung it is still using significant CPU so no idle timeout. This behaviour is the same as when the plugin is functional except of course without the AVR /TV going to standby.
    Could the problem lie with Power Scheduler? Should I try a new MP install?

Have tried without away mode? If that is the problem, you can have almost the same feature with the "require user input..." setting even when computer is not technically in away mode...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have tried without away mode? If that is the problem, you can have almost the same feature with the "require user input..." setting even when computer is not technically in away mode...
    Hi Tuomaa
    It appears that the MP not responsive on resume for a recording is a known problem with 1.13 and is resolved in 1.14PR but the CEC Remote plugin seems to behave differently with the newer version. I would be most grateful if you would take a look at the thread I raised in MP1 General Support https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...heduled-recording-starts.133918/#post-1178419 and let me know your thoughts on that.
    Regards
    Joe

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry guys I seem to be a bit dumb at the moment.
    I am pretty sure this plugin had an installer before but now there are only the single files.
    Where are these supposed to be copied to?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is a link to the latest installer version on page 1 of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom