Changing TV record folder (1 Viewer)

Aucherie

Portal Member
May 6, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have have moved my recorded TV files from one folder to another and changed the TV server settings to reflect this (under Recordings-Tabs:Folders and Database import). My problem is that MP is still accessing the recordings from the previous folder which I would like to delete. It looks like I have to edit a database file to get MP to recognize the new folder and its contents. The question is which database(s) and with what program? Thanks for any replies!

Aucherie

Portal Member
May 6, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks for the reply. I previously tried stopping/restarting the TV server by restarting the HTPC, but did a manual stop/start anyway, as you suggest,with no success.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    It looks like I have to edit a database file to get MP to recognize the new folder and its contents.

Yes. You need to reimport the files.
    rec.PNG

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I assumed the OP had done this when he mentioned Database Import, but if not then yes this definitely needs doing.

Aucherie

Portal Member
    May 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That's what I would have expected to do except when I changed the Recording Folder to a different one and copied the files over to the new one I get no files shown under "Recordered files...", as you show above, and "Import selected files" is greyed out. I can confirm that MP is still looking at the old folder by deleting one recording there and hitting "Remove invalid entries". It shows that it cannot find the file at the old location even though it exists in the new folder.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Is the old or the new folder in the Recording Folder?
    Is it a local path?

Please upload a (debug level) TvServer.log.

Aucherie

Portal Member
    May 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Solved using the following procedure:
    -Copied files over to the new folder
    -Deleted files in old folder
    -Changed the recorded folder path in the Folders and Database import tabs (See post #6) ensuring that new path was associated with the correct tuner card.
    -Removed deleted files from database by using the Remove invalid entries button as shown in post #6. This resulted in a popup that showed the files to be deleted.
    -Stopped/restarted TV service. This resulted in the files in the new folder showing up in the Recorded files, etc. panel as shown in post #6
    -Depending on whether the files needed the channel info changed or not, used the Import selected files and Change channel buttons to revise the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom