Channel is not present in mapping table (1 Viewer)

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Hey there,

my EPG provider is epgdata.com. This one provides german tv channels.
I setup xmltv with tv_grab_eu_epgdata sucessfully.
The tvguide.xml is recived on my pc.

But when i trie to map the channels to the guide some channels are not present in the "guide tab".
When i look into the tvguide.xml the channel is there.

What is going wrong with that?

I also tried to rename the channel inside the xml. But this did not help me.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It's not clear whether you understand this, but you must use the xmltv plugin's setup to do the mapping, and you must press the "Load" button to get started. You must also "Save" what you do. For many channels, the naming in the tvguide.xml is not the same as the name known to MP, so you must choose the tvguide name MP is to use from the dropdown list provided.

The xmltv setup is present inside "plugins" after having enabled it and after "expanding" the plugins section in the list at the left.

Do not attempt to rename the channel within the .xml file, since you you would have to redo it every time a new copy is obtained.

Last edited:

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Yes i totaly understand you. Sometimes i dont find the correct words to discribe my problem because english is not my native language.

Ok in your post you explain the way it should be.

Everything is ok. Until i have to assign the "TV channel" to a "XMLTV channel".

For example the tv channel name is "DMAX". But in the XMLTV file the same channel is named "dmax.tv". So normaly i map to "DMAX" <-> "dmax.tv".
BUT in the "xmltv channel" dropdown is NO "dmax.tv" listed.

BUT when i open the tvguide.xml (XMLTV) with wordpad i have a EPG programm for the "dmax.tv" channel. So the channel is defnitly present in the xml file. Why is it not listed in the xmltv plugin drop down box?

I hope you understand my problem now?!

Finding "dmax.tv" in the xml file:
Code:
  <programme start="20120821061000 +0200" stop="20120821065000 +0200" channel="dmax.tv">
    <title>Wheels of Steel - Die besten Bikes der Welt</title>
    <sub-title>Kendall Johnson gegen Eddie Trotta</sub-title>
    <date>2005</date>
    <category>tvshow</category>
    <category>Verschiedenes</category>
    <length units="minutes">40</length>
    <country>USA</country>
    <video>
      <colour>yes</colour>
      <aspect>4:3</aspect>
    </video>
    <audio>
      <stereo>stereo</stereo>
    </audio>
  </programme>

In the picture you see that there is no dmax listed:
noDmax.jpg

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There are two sections of the tvguide.xml file. One lists programs, and one lists channels. The list of channels is very large and often uses names that are not what you would expect. No channel should be referenced in the programs section that is not present in the channels section, so you cannot just change the name in the program listing -- and you wouldn't want to either, as mentioned above.

I suggest you start with a clean tvguide.xml file and look very carefully for a likely candidate for your channel. It may be "far away" from where you first look.

Another thing. Expand the size of the mapping window. That will allow the drop-down's width to expand and be more usable.

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Yes i found the problem.

The channel "dmax" is present in the .xml programm part but it is NOT defined as a channel in the .xml channel part.
I´m using the xmltv tv_grab_eu_epgdata tool for grabbing the xml. In the tv_grab_eu_epgdata.conf the channel is defined.

I dont know why but xmltv grabber is skipping same channels.

What can i do to slove this problem?
I also have dont a new xmltv --configure but it is still the same problem.

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
For all who are following this.

I was able to figure out the problem.
It is a bug within the XMLTV EU grabber.

Here you will find the bug report on sourceforge : https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3544236&group_id=39046&atid=424135

I was talking to the support from epgdata.com already but they will not change there channel listings and it looks like that noone from the xmltv team cares about this bug. :(

As this problem is easy to repair i need just someone who is able to compile a new windows .exe out of the sourcecode. If someone is around please let me know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom