Client tvserver connection problems (1 Viewer)

bakerpr3

Portal Member
October 14, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Sorry, the last logs were from the server since the client performs the same when I add ip instead of hostname with guide but loss of connection when I try to play a channel. New logs from client added also.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. If that's the case you need to provide simultaneous logs for both client and server.
    I'm not able to do anything with the logs you've provided as they're not simultaneous. If you export a new set of logs from the server I can take a look.

bakerpr3

Portal Member
    October 14, 2014
    Home Country
    New set of logs from both server and client. Hope these are what you need!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, those logs are great thanks. (y)

I can't see anything wrong with the server now (ie. it isn't crashing like it was before), so that is good. However, there's nothing obvious to explain the disconnection in either the client or server logs. In other words: it is a bit puzzling.

My gut tells me there's some kind of connectivity, security or client-side issue. Especially considering the issues you had trying to use the hostname for connections.

Hunch: could you please try disabling IPv6 on the server and client(s) NICs.
    http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/929852

The other test that would be helpful is a VLC streaming test:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/TV/Streaming_Test

Let me know how you get on...

Regards,
    mm

PS: Please continue to leave the firewalls on both server and client down while you do these tests.
    PPS: It looks like you may be using DJBlu's non-standard version of MP/TV Server. If you are, make sure you've installed the same version on clients as well as server. If you are, please also be aware there is a limit on how much support I can provide. I have no idea what unexpected side effects non-standard versions might introduce. That's why we expect people that publicly distribute modified versions of MP/TV Server to provide support for the people that choose to use them.

bakerpr3

Portal Member
    October 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Have tried the IPv6 by unticking the setting in both network adapters but not yet in the registry without any luck.
    The VLC stream works fine without any modification of firewall or IPv6.
    I may have to try the standard build and see if the problem persists before requesting help from the DJBlu developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom