Colour temperature changes as soon as MP starts up. (1 Viewer)

Richardbstard

Portal Member
July 22, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have been using Mediaportal for years and never had any major issues.
All of a sudden today the colour has got a strong yellow/gold tint which is unwatchable. It is nothing to do with my monitor or Windows 10 settings as the colours are fine on my desktop and video files play in the correct colour temperature when using VLC or Windows media player.
When Media portal starts up the main menu looks fine for a split second and then the colour temperature switches to the horrible warm tint. I can't find any settings in Mediaportal configuration that amend this problem.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you change something in your PC hardware or software configuration that could be causing this?
    You will need to provide logs and informations about your hardware configuration too (TV/Monitor/GPU models)

Richardbstard

Portal Member
    July 22, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for your reply.
    I haven't made any configuration changes which is what's so strange about this problem.
    I have uploaded a log file as requested. Thanks again!

Richardbstard

Portal Member
    July 22, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The video drivers are up to date.
    Colours are fine on the PC and they are fine for a second when MP first opens but then it switches to the strange warm tint which makes greens look yellow etc.
    It has to be a MP issue. Are there any hidden settings in MP that relate to colour temperature? I have been going insane trying to find something.
    It's so weird... there's no mention of this issue in any forums either.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It has to be a MP issue.
    I don't agree. It could be something like a deep colour (8 bit vs. 10 bit colour setting) or chroma coding (4:2:0 vs. 4:2:2) setting on the TV that is set to auto when it shouldn't be. You were asked but didn't mention what TV/display model you have...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I should have answered...
    Are there any hidden settings in MP that relate to colour temperature?
    No, none that I'm aware of. However NVidia drivers have per-application profiles don't they? If yes and you checked the display settings while MP wasn't running, you may not have seen the settings for the profile that NVidia is applying for MP. The colour settings in whatever profile NVidia is using for MP (which MP has nothing to do with) could be borked.

Also a question: what happens if you use windowed mode? (ALT + ENTER toggles MP between full screen and windowed modes.)

Richardbstard

Portal Member
    July 22, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm using a Changhong 60" LED monitor which settings haven't been changed at any point.
    I tried toggling between full screen and windowed mode to no avail.
    I also went trough all the Nvidia settings and unfortunately there are no per application settings.
    It looks like I am going to have to try the worst case scenario of uninstalling MP and then reinstalling it...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. You keep saying that nothing has changed, but something must have changed in order for the problem to start. Problems don't just happen for no reason. For example, I can see that W10 automatically installed updates at about 8 AM on 22 July.

I tried toggling between full screen and windowed mode to no avail.
    I didn't think toggling would fix it. I wanted to know what would happen in windowed mode. For example, would the desktop and other applications have the correct hue and MP have the yellowish hue, or would everything have the yellowish hue, or would nothing have the yellowish hue.

Please describe in more detail, or even better: provide screenshots.

I also went trough all the Nvidia settings and unfortunately there are no per application settings.
    I struggle to believe this. Although I don't own an NVidia card myself, I'm aware they have profiles:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/profiles.html

Please double-check.

It looks like I am going to have to try the worst case scenario of uninstalling MP and then reinstalling it...
    Feel free to try anything you think will help. Personally I don't think the problem has anything to MP.

Richardbstard

Portal Member
    July 22, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry, i'm not trying to offend anyone. I love MPand constantly try to convert people into using it, and I really appreciate your help.
    My limited skills tell me that if everything works fine, (colour wise) outside of MP then it must be an MP problem.
    This 'W10' update you speak of has me intrigued though because that is about the time this problem occurred. Do you know what W10 is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom