Commercial BluRays (1 Viewer)

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Hi guys,

What is the easiest method to allow the BluRays I have purchased to work in MediaPortal?

I was under the impression that everything worked but after reading the wiki I now know commercial discs do not work.

So how should I go about setting this up?

External player? Should I download AnyDVD?

I'm just wondering which is the simplest or best method.

Cheers

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Commercial work, only BDJ don't work.
    you must use AnyDVD for play it inside MP. because MP don't have the encryption decoder built-in.

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks guys! Is there an easy way to tell on the box of the BluRay if it is BDJ?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there an easy way to tell on the box of the BluRay if it is BDJ?
    You can check the folder structure of your Blu-ray movie and look in the BDMV\JAR folder. If that folder contains files, it's most likely a BDJ disc.
    If you want to be 100% sure, you can use a tool (BDInfo) to scan the disk, then hit the 'View Report' button on the bottom and that'll show you the BD-Jave info on top:
    Disc Title: Sarah Brightman - Dreamchaser In Concert (2013)
    Disc Size: 22.224.343.952 bytes
    Protection: AACS
    BD-Java: No
    BDInfo: 0.5.8

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    BDJ disks do play, you just have to go through the workaround, a MP menu system where you have to guess witch one is the movie and what is director commentary etc. I have never come across a blu-ray that was not BDJ, perhaps some of the older movies ported to blu-ray don't have fancy menus.

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I've tried playing some BDJ discs but when I select the option from the popup menu the screen goes to black and nothing actually plays.

When I click the info button on my remote the status bar comes up and it says the movie is 0:00

Have I done something wrong? I was testing Harry Potter BluRays, only the 7th film worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom