[solved] ComSkip markers in OSD with MP 1.6 (1 Viewer)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Kui,
look at the attached screenshot. You are right! The comskip markers are pretty accurate.
Screenshot.png

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello again, :)

Got again abit better this Comskip markers, now the timeline is allmost StreamedMP default so it should be better :p

Same steps as post before:
    1. Search and take a backup of file: "common.progressbar.xml", and replace it with attached file.
    2. Unzip the "osdprogress.zip" to \ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media

Give feedback if its good or not, could try to make it better... Im not totally sure how accurate the comskip marker positions are. :eek:

Kui :)
    Thanks @Kui,

I can't test this currently since my tvtuner is dead on my dev pc so if there is no objections by anybody I will blindy commit this into the next patch / release.

I really would like to know if it's not complete? Is everything aligned okay etc. You don't need to be a skinner to align something.

Cheers,
    Damien

Last edited:

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can't test this currently since my tvtuner is dead on my dev pc

I could send a short recording with comskip markers, so could add it manually to your database and test it yourself. But I don't know if this works with TV stations you don't have in Australia.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    can't test this currently since my tvtuner is dead on my dev pc

I could send a short recording with comskip markers, so could add it manually to your database and test it yourself. But I don't know if this works with TV stations you don't have in Australia.
    No idea to say the truth, I rarely use recorded tv / live tv so don't know what its capable of.

Kui

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Alajärvi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello again, :)

Got again abit better this Comskip markers, now the timeline is allmost StreamedMP default so it should be better :p

Same steps as post before:
    1. Search and take a backup of file: "common.progressbar.xml", and replace it with attached file.
    2. Unzip the "osdprogress.zip" to \ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media

Give feedback if its good or not, could try to make it better... Im not totally sure how accurate the comskip marker positions are. :eek:

Kui :)
    Thanks @Kui,

I can't test this currently since my tvtuner is dead on my dev pc so if there is no objections by anybody I will blindy commit this into the next patch / release.

I really would like to know if it's not complete? Is everything aligned okay etc. You don't need to be a skinner to align something.

Cheers,
    Damien

Hello ltfearme and everyone!

Thanks for your answer, and all I can say that in my two HTPC's the markers looks accurate. Looking @olli14 screenshot few post's upper, it really seems accurate to him too. The round light blue marker in end of the marker line is the only thing that makes the comskip marker look like it's not totally accurate, but it can be removed ofcourse (in my mind that is really bad idea...). Really hard to explain what i mean but if you guys look @olli14 picture in top of this page, you get the idea. :)

But more testing is always good, does everyone has accurate markers who is using this? Are you happy with marker positions fischy667?

Thanks everyone for testing and interest on this thing! (y)

Kui

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I changed the numbers a bit and I'm using a different picture for the markers.

Attachments

• 21-35-31.png
      21-35-31.png
      1,018.6 KB
    • osdprogressmid_sepia.jpg
      osdprogressmid_sepia.jpg
      9.2 KB
    • common.progressbar.xml
      3.7 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Out of curiousity, does the same xml code control chapter markers? I have quite a few mkv videos with chapters so it may be easier to test with that for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom