Convert and compress Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here is what I need, have someone done something similar or do I have to script it myself from scratch?

So I need to convert and compress Recorded TV leaving the original recording untouched (but comskipped) and moving the convert and compress file to another folder.

Below I say file, but I'm really talking about a recorded .ts file created by MePo tv-server.

Step one, check if the recording have been converted before, if yes skip that file (already converted file list).
    Step two, if the file contains some string (based on filename, might be NHL or Ishockey or something), add it to the files2convert list.
    Step three, run comskip on every file in the files2convert list.
    Step four, compress every file in the files2convert list.
    Step five, move every file in the files2convert list.
    Step six, add all files from files2convert list to the already converted file list.

So the purpose of all this...
    I live in Sweden and I watch NHL hockey at work, yes that's okay to do at work, I love my job : )
    So I record hockeygames and then put them in my google drive so I can watch them... no I cannot use mpextended from work, network restrctions, but I can acces my google drive or dropbox.
    Recorded files get pretty big so before I add them to my network drive I want them to be as small as possible, that is what this is for.

Another question... there is no "pre or post record application", all I can find that would be useful if the comskip launched in tv server plugins, that one I intended to use to start my skript after a recording is done.

All info, sample scripts or other ideas are welcome.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Mcebuddy looks nice, willl take it for a spin i think :)
    But... commandline support? Nothing in the userguide but I may be blind?

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Got MceBuddy up and running, no need for commandline once you have figured it out : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom