Cover issue: 2 Different covers depending on view. How to unify? (1 Viewer)

exe222

Portal Pro
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I'm having a strange behaviour. Again. :)
Not sure if it is related to MyFilms only. But maybe anybody of you knows a solution.

I have a MyFilms database with covers downloaded to a relative folder \covers. These covers are (as expected) used e.g. when I select a movie in the list view -> The large preview cover art is correct.

The strange thing: For some of these movies I have a second different cover art when selecting the movie -> in detail view the cover is different. Where is this second cover art coming from? How can I prevent having 2 differing covers? Re-Importing with AMC did not help as it does not remove the "strange second cover".

In addition this second cover is shown in the "cover flow" view as well while in the list view the preview shows the correct cover from the spcified cover folder.

Any ideas??!

Thanks

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I assume, you had a different cover in the past - and MyFilms created the cached thumb for it. If you later change the cover, but the name is the same, the cache thumb won't be updated - then you'll end up that for those cases that use the cache thumbs, you see the old cached one - for e.g. big cover in list view, the "original one" is used.
    To check, if the above is correct, you could just reset the cache thumbs in setup - MyFilms will then recreate them on first access (will slow down usage in the beginning a bit). Make a backup, in case the result is not what you intended (or just move the cache thumbs to a different place for testing).

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this incredibly quick answer. This "fixed" it. You were right. That was easy. ;-)
    Never used this "reset" button before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom