crash when accessing tv guide (1 Viewer)

robcarter

Portal Pro
February 19, 2010
Home Country
England England
hi
since installing V1.8 mediaportal is locking up when acessing the tv guide, to reproduce it I let the pc go to sleep, then wake it up. goto tv guide select channel and turn on tv, then go back to TV guide, media prtal locks up then after about 10 seconds the sound stops, i have to use the task manager to kill media portal. once restarted it seems to be ok util the next sleep and wake up. some times happens when going from movie to tv guide, but always acessing the tv guide causes the lock up.
logs attached, didn't happen with v1.7
regards
Rob

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

your MediaPortal log level is "info" which is not enough for support. Please read the Wiki and send us a new log using the Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal setting.

robcarter

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi
    I'm still getting this problem, it only happens when I try and acess the TV guide, logs generated by mp watchdog attached can anyone suggest what might be the problem?
    Thanks
    Rob

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi all,

please-please provide us proper logs and step by step info to reproduce the issue.

robcarter

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi
    On my system it is difficult to reliably reproduce the crash, normally (but not all the time) happens when viewing TV or Video; press back button and select TV guide. MP freezes, the TV / video sound carries on for about 10-15 seconds then goes off, always caused by accessing the TV guide. The video / TV carries on for 10-15 seconds then stops. The freeze ha also occurred when going from Home screen to TV guide (via TV menu)
    I know nothing about the inner workings of mediaportal but the logs i submitted have some exceptions shown in MediaPortal-Error.log:
    [2014-10-12 21:00:55,336] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.Exception: exception occurred ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    I have tried disabling the power scheduler plugin but the crash still happens.
    Sorry I can't be more specific about how to reproduce the crash. I have reinstalled 1.7.1 now to get around this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom