crash when accessing tv guide (1 Viewer)

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not see the step by step infos. :(

For example:

1. Start MP
    2. Go to My TV
    3. Go to Guide
    4. Read a book. :)
    5. Eat something.
    6. Press STOP
    7. MP is crashed.
    It's all there!

Same here. After the system had gone to standby, say overnight, the client tends to freeze. To reproduce, do the following steps:

Resume system, go to tv guide, select a program, start tv, then hit escape to back out to tv guide.

This will freeze the client in many cases. TV will keep playing in the small control at the bottom for about 15 seconds and then freeze also. The only wokaround I know is to use the stop key and let MP return to the guide by itself. Hitting "H" to go to basic home however does not freeze the client. Setting 10s resume delays did not help to solve the problem.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Resume system, go to tv guide, select a program, start tv, then hit escape to back out to tv guide.

So this is the steps. Am I right?
    1. Start MP
    2. Do I need to do something else?
    3. Suspend the PC
    4. Resume it.
    5. Go to TV plugin (is the TV off?)
    6. Enter the EPG guide
    7. Select a channel.
    8. Press ESC
    9. MP will freeze 15 seconds later

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is basically it!

2 - no extra steps needed.
    3 - let power scheduler suspend the system. I dont know if this makes any difference, but I never suspended the system manually.
    4 - keep the system suspended for some hours. Perhaps shorter suspend periods are sufficient also, but I cannot confirm from my personal experience.
    5 - yes the TV is off.
    9 - after escaping from live TV to the guide, the gui becomes unresponsive instantaneously. Live TV keeps playing in the small control at the bottom (default wide skin) for about 15 seconds, before it freezes also.

Thanks and happy hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom