crashing application dotnet (1 Viewer)

pdingo

Portal Member
May 10, 2011
Australia Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
i am having an issue with the .net crashing causing mediaportal to crash. sorry this is above me. Can someone help pls.

pdingo

Portal Member
May 10, 2011
Australia Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
windows event viewer

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-12-01T09:27:44.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>4780</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>MediaPC-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>Application: MediaPortal.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AggregateException Stack: at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

pdingo

Portal Member
May 10, 2011
Australia Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
system info

-----------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/1/2016, 21:39:54
Machine name: MEDIAPC-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160930-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/28/09 14:03:25 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8182MB RAM
Page File: 2491MB used, 13870MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTS 250
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615&SUBSYS_00001019&REV_A2
Display Memory: 4069 MB
Dedicated Memory: 997 MB
Shared Memory: 3071 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: DELL ST2320L
Monitor Id: DELF024
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.4196 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.4196
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/31/2016 06:26:24, 17559240 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Stab in the dark here...
    I suspect this may be caused by inability to access or communicate with your NAS ("\\DINGONAS").

Are your NAS shares online and accessible?
    If not, do the crashes go away if you bring the shares online?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe need to redo the config file without the box till its back online?
    Mmmm, I wouldn't have thought MP should fall over just because the NAS is unavailable... but yes, try deleting the configured video, music and photo folders that reference shares on the NAS.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure why but after removing shares the system run for a while but is now crashing again.
    I'm not surprised. You didn't actually follow the recommendation to remove the shares.

I just unchecked the path and all appears happy.
    The checked folder is the default folder. Unchecking doesn't in any way remove or disable the folder, so I wouldn't have expected this to solve the problem.

If you're reluctant to follow the recommendation to delete the shares for some reason, you can always take a copy of your config before deleting the shares, and restore it once the new hardware arrives.

To copy:
    1. Close MP and MP Config.
    2. Open Windows Explorer.
    3. Copy and paste c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal into the address bar.
    4. Make a copy of the config file (MediaPortal.xml) and save it somewhere safe.
    Once the new hardware arrives, replace the config file at c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml with the copy you made.

Users who are viewing this thread