Crashing out of the blue. Seemingly no changes made. (1 Viewer)

Bailzebub

August 3, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi and thanks for many years of enjoyment with this superb program.

Unfortunately something has occurred with MP that causes several crashes and outofmemory exceptions.

- Initially i discovered this when browsing to the "Videos" folder. It would take a very long time to load before it reported an error.

- Debug mode's first option with plug-ins disabled allowed me to use MP as per usual without any plug-ins.

- Different Skins crash at different times. Default for example would sometimes crash before the menu screen had loaded. Always when using the Titan Skin the issue reproduced itself on entering "Videos".

- I have also now had crashes on "Music" and "Online Videos".

Having looked at the logs the amount of errors is just overwhelming and it seems there are several issues going at once with my MP install that has been steady for years.

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I'll get straight to the point. Your MP-TVSeries plugin database is corrupted:
    [2014-08-03 19:43:04,542] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database: TVSeriesDatabase4.db3
    [2014-08-03 19:43:04,544] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2014-08-03 19:43:04,545] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2014-08-03 19:43:04,546] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2014-08-03 19:43:04,548] [Log ] [DirectoryWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:

Either delete or attempt to repair that file.

Close MediaPortal.
    To find the file, use Windows Explorer to navigate to c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database. You'll probably need to copy + paste that path into the address bar in Windows Explorer to get there (Windows usually hides c:\ProgramData).

Delete:
    Simply delete TVSeriesDatabase4.db3.

Repair:
    Apply the instructions here for TVSeriesDatabase4.db3.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/startup-time-for-mediaportal.122706/page-2#post-1040159

mm

Bailzebub

August 3, 2014
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Belated thanks.

I am working away at the moment but will sort this out when i get back.

Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom