Different Codes Read By USBUIRT? (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a Logitech Harmony One remote. I previously used USBUIRT with Girder on Windows 7. I'm now trying to setup IRSS for the first time with my USBUIRT on Windows 10. However, when the translator utility is learning a remote command, the same button seems to send a different code every time it is pressed. So once a code is learned, that command doesn't actually work next time the button is pressed.

Any ideas how to solve this? Girder doesn't seem to have this problem...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It sounds like the command is really long or learning isn't given enough time to complete.
    Have you tried to increase the "learn IR timeout" setting in IR Server Configuration? (Open IR Server Configuration, select USB-UIRT, click "configure"...)

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    What's a good amount to increase the learn IR timeout setting to?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I have no idea. Trial and error may be required... and it may not help at all.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    However, when the translator utility is learning a remote command, the same button seems to send a different code every time it is pressed. So once a code is learned, that command doesn't actually work next time the button is pressed.
    I don't have a USBUIRT, and I have never used Girder or IRSS. However:

(1) What device is the Harmony One setup for? Is it set to "Windows Media Center" (because you are migrating from WMC)?

(2) If "yes", be aware that WMC uses "toggle codes". This means that the same button alternates between two different values when pressed and released repeatedly. So, if you learn a button twice in succession (no intervening buttons), you will get two different codes. But if you learn that button a third time, the code learnt should be the same as the first code. Is it?

(3) If "yes", you need to look at the learning software to see if there is any setting to enable the learning of toggle codes (note: the software may use some other name for this concept). Girder presumably does understand toggle codes.

(4) If you want a simple life, I would suggest chucking the USBUIRT in the trash can, and buying one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Teste...325242?hash=item2806b6a63a:g:NtgAAOSwDNdV4P7F

This will work with your Harmony One setup using WMC IR codes.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    I can't remember what codes were used on the Harmony setup. I think I chose a random remote. Nonetheless, I increased the learn timeout setting and all seems to be working now, at least Windows generic actions such as standby, restart, etc.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the remote working with MP2? Could anyone help out with that?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nonetheless, I increased the learn timeout setting and all seems to be working now, at least Windows generic actions such as standby, restart, etc.
    Great. :)

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the remote working with MP2? Could anyone help out with that?
    Sorry, I can't help with this either.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Could anyone help out with how to use a remote with MP2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom