DirectTV SHEF IP Control Plugin for TVServer (1 Viewer)

marirs

Portal Member
April 29, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

This is a plugin to control your DirectTV Reciever via IP control to change channels. Your DirectTV receiver needs to be connected to your network in order for this to work. Place "DirecTV_SHEF.dll" in your "MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins" directory, and be sure to restart the TVService. Source is included.

Download

bornslippy

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Thank you for creating this. I am making a small website to put on my netbook to control my dtv boxes. now I will just see what I will do with this. Any suggestions? Because I have a pull down menu that allows me to get to each box-ip didn't know if you knew of any short cuts.

marirs

Portal Member
April 29, 2011
Home Country
There was a website that showed you all the listings and allowed you to tune to channels that would probably work great. Unfortunately, I can't find the address again. I found it through dbstalk.org, though.

marirs

Portal Member
April 29, 2011
Home Country
I think it should work with all the receivers that have an ethernet port (not 100% sure though).

bornslippy

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
If i am correct its only the H20/hdvr & up it works with. The older boxes dont have the SHEF commands. Easiest way to try is assign the box an ip then do ip/info/8080 & see if you get a screen that has more commands

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
In a slightly different direction, can someone recommend a PC tuner board that will work with MP and the current Directv set top boxes (HD) that have outputs of hdmi and component video? Thanks for any advice on this issue.

Dave

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
Hi -

Great plugin! I've been using the blaster plugin from IRSS to do this for the past year and wanted to create this same plugin to get rid of IRSS once and for all ;-) Less software always makes a better system!

I have looked at the implementation and made a few changes to attempt to have the DirecTV receiver turned off when time shifting stops. I also made added some message boxes to respond to the Test button on the plugin setup page.

The plugin is not receiving the message to stop shifting so I'm not sure if the message is being sent or what's going on. I don't have a lot of time atm to debug it; perhaps marirs, you could take a look? I've attached updated zip with source and binary (v 1.0.1.0).

Thanks again!
:D:D

Attachments

• DirecTV_SHEF.zip
    37.3 KB

renfrja

March 4, 2010
Home Country
Hi,

I'm another possible SageTV convert.
I've been tinkering with MP for the last couple days and have a question regarding this plugin.

I currently have two DirecTV STBs. I am able to control both these boxes via my network with SageTV.
This plugin looks to be close to what I'm currently using - but, does this have the capability to control multiple STBs?

Not really wanting to go back to IR blasters...

Thanks,
Chris

renfrja

March 4, 2010
Home Country
Hi,

I'm another possible SageTV convert.
I've been tinkering with MP for the last couple days and have a question regarding this plugin.

I currently have two DirecTV STBs. I am able to control both these boxes via my network with SageTV.
This plugin looks to be close to what I'm currently using - but, does this have the capability to control multiple STBs?

Not really wanting to go back to IR blasters...

Thanks,
Chris

I answered my own question - the current implementation was for a single receiver.

I write code for a living but haven't done much with the .NET framework; however, I was able to do a "quick and dirty" modification to allow up to 4 receivers to be controlled using this plugin.

The user should now have 4 boxes for IP addresses (DirecTV Receiver 1, DirecTV Receiver 2, etc). The 1, 2, 3, & 4 correspond to the Card ID listed in TV Server Configuration > TV Servers > <Server Name>.
Enter the IP address for the DirecTV STB connected to each card and it will tune the correct receiver for you.

Certainly nothing fancy, but should serve it's purpose for me - I'd like to extend it to determine the number of installed cards at run-time and allow you to control each.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• DirecTV_SHEF.zip
    1.4 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom