Disable Audio Discription (1 Viewer)

scouseman

Portal Member
August 20, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi, When I record on certain (sky 1) I am getting audio description in the background and whatever I do I cannot get rid rid of it.
I have tried playing the .ts file on other media play and the AD is still there.
Having read on the forum the suggestion was to select 'Prefer AC-3 Sound' makes not difference.
Any suggestions
Cheers
Mark

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sky1 doesn't have an AC-3 soundtrack, I think the Sky Movies channels are the only SD channels that have them. Go into MediaPortal Configuration > TV/Radio > TV > Audio Settings tab and move English into the 'Preferred languages' table and tick 'Prefer audiotype over language' if you'd prefer AC-3 where there's also an English MPEG track.

scouseman

Portal Member
August 20, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Sky1 doesn't have an AC-3 soundtrack, I think the Sky Movies channels are the only SD channels that have them. Go into MediaPortal Configuration > TV/Radio > TV > Audio Settings tab and move English into the 'Preferred languages' table and tick 'Prefer audiotype over language' if you'd prefer AC-3 where there's also an English MPEG track.

Thanks for the solution, I will give it a try, hopefully it will work. The only reason I selected AC-3 was in the hope of disabling the AD

DeBenedictis

December 11, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a similar issue with my ABC station. Your solution appears to refer to MediaPortal 1, and I have MediaPortal 2. There is no TV/Radio option under MediaPortal Configuration. Can you offer guidance on how to access the Audio Settings under MediaPortal 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom