DownloadCentral v1.05.101 - download movies/TV-Series (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries) (1 Viewer)

Gup

Portal Pro
May 29, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Overview

dlCentral is a download plug-in for the MediaPortal HTPC application. The purpose of the plug-in is to allow user to download movies/series for movies or TV shows managed by popular Moving Pictures and MP-TVSeries plug-ins from FTP-servers and torrent sites (backends). Best way to use the plug-in is by opening Moving Pictures or MP-TVSeries plug-in, browsing to movie/TV show and selecting 'Download' item in (Hidden) menu.
Please use the MediaPortal configuration to setup the plug-in more thoroughly and read the WIKI. After the search is done, you can sort the results using the menu item and of course, download the movie/serie. for more information, visit the Google Code Download Central project page!

Useful links

Download Central Home Page

Manual/Installation
MP Screenshots
issue tracker – report and browse issues
Googlecode download
Release Notes
media portal repository download

Requirements:
MediaPortal v1.1.0/v1.1.1/v1.1.2
Supported skin

Integration – supported plugins

MP-TVSeries
Moving Pictures

Supported skins

These are the skins that support dlCentral so far (that I know of):
Blue3 (in the zip package)
Blue3wide (in the zip package)
StreamedMP

If you’re planning to add support or your skin already supports dlCentral, let me know!

Reporting issues / enhancements
If you have any issues or problems using dlCentral or ideas on improving, report them here, or even better, on the issue tracker. For any questions, write here

When reporting issues, it's important to include fresh debug logs. That means configuring MediaPortal for debug logging ("General section", "Log verbosity") and fresh start of MediaPortal with only the bug reproduced. Logs needed include MediaPortal.log, error.log, MovingPictures.log, MP-TVSeries.log and dlCentral.log. Without logs it might be impossible to help you, therefore your report might just be ignored. Thank you!

Developing / translating
You’re a talented developer wanting to help me? Modified dlCentral so it works with other backends? Translated the plugin? Write to me here, or use issue tracker to submit your patches.

Thank you

seco, fforde SilentException – for writing the subCentral plugin which i brutally used for this plugin.

History :

Release Notes

Download
dlCentral is available as zip package on my Google Code site and in the repository. Source code is also available on Google Code.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: DownloadCentral v0.9.0.41 - download movies/TV-Series (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSerie

You are talking about SubCentral in your overview, maybe you should fix that :)

"Overview

SubCentral is a download plug-in for the MediaPortal HTPC application."

We were also planning something like this which would had based on SubCentral, but instead of only FTP sites it would have supported any suitable source in the backend such as torrents.

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: DownloadCentral v0.9.0.41 - download movies/TV-Series (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSerie

You are talking about SubCentral in your overview, maybe you should fix that :)

"Overview

SubCentral is a download plug-in for the MediaPortal HTPC application."

We were also planning something like this which would had based on SubCentral, but instead of only FTP sites it would have supported any suitable source in the backend such as torrents.

Too many copy/paste thats what happened...:D

Well, basicly it can be used for torrents as well, you just have to write a backend for it. As it produces files with the necessary
    information in it.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004

Hi,

well, this sounds very interesting.
    Can you explain a bit how it works, you say it generates files with the nec. information in it, what does that mean?
    Also, in your screenshots, it seems as though selecting a "site" will list all available movies/episodes on there, does it not auto-select/filter that list based on what you selected? What then is the point of selecting an eg. episode in TV-Series first?
    Does it communicate with an external tool, or does the download happen from the plugin itself?
    I think torrent support would make your plugin very very popular :)

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,

well, this sounds very interesting.
    Can you explain a bit how it works, you say it generates files with the nec. information in it, what does that mean?
    Also, in your screenshots, it seems as though selecting a "site" will list all available movies/episodes on there, does it not auto-select/filter that list based on what you selected? What then is the point of selecting an eg. episode in TV-Series first?
    Does it communicate with an external tool, or does the download happen from the plugin itself?
    I think torrent support would make your plugin very very popular :)

The plugin produces a file with info for server and the download wanted. Another program then picks this up and runs the ftp-client. Advantage is that MP doesnt get burned with the ftp transfer itself. Thats why torrents could be implemented also.

It does auto select for a TV-series so you see only the episode you selected, not for a movie as there is no autoselection for a movie. The list produced can be sorted on date so the most recent can be on top.

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: DownloadCentral v0.9.0.47 - download movies/TV-Series (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSerie

Check changelog

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Re: DownloadCentral v0.9.0.47 - download movies/TV-Series (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSerie

That's awesome, with torrent support I have no more excuse not to test this :)

Thank you very much for your work so far!

Edit: OK, just some quick test, and it appears you require µTorrent to run on the same pc, well that wintorrent seems to anyways. Since its using the WebUI to communicate anyways, I would really love for this to work over the net. I'll try with locally running µTorrent tomorrow, have to run out now.

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

That's awesome, with torrent support I have no more excuse not to test this :)

Thank you very much for your work so far!

Edit: OK, just some quick test, and it appears you require µTorrent to run on the same pc, well that wintorrent seems to anyways. Since its using the WebUI to communicate anyways, I would really love for this to work over the net. I'll try with locally running µTorrent tomorrow, have to run out now.

No thats not needed. Only the wintorrent and utorrent have to run on the same pc. I have utorrent and wintorrent running on my Windows homeserver. MediaPortal runs on another pc.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: DownloadCentral v0.9.0.55 - download movies/TV-Series (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSerie

Is this using code from the mytorrents plugin, I hope so as mytorrents support seems to have died and I thought it was the coolest think ever... Gonna keep a close eye on this one, would love to see the development truly take off where mytorrents died... Good stuff man, blackglass would be nice :)

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: DownloadCentral v0.9.0.55 - download movies/TV-Series (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSerie

Is this using code from the mytorrents plugin, I hope so as mytorrents support seems to have died and I thought it was the coolest think ever... Gonna keep a close eye on this one, would love to see the development truly take off where mytorrents died... Good stuff man, blackglass would be nice :)

No, it doesn't use code from mytorrents, as it isn't build as a generic downloader for torrents like mytorrents. The purpose is to easily download series and movies bind to the MPTVseries and Moving Pictures plugins. No search option is added to keep it as simple as possible. The actual download isn't done by the plugin but send out as a query to the backend progs (wintorrent and WinSCPInterface). The added torrent option was just a proof of concept, that it doesnt matter if you use a ftp server or a torrent for download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom