Video Codec Type & Version: Mpeg2Dec Filter
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM
TV Card: Compro Videomate DVB-T300
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: ComproDTV2.6.0.9
TV Card: DVICO FusionHDTV Dual Digital
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 3.20

I have tried to get these two cards working together but can't figure out why they won't.
If I set up MediaPortal with only the Compro card, I can view and record.
If I set up with only the Dvico Dual 1, I can view and record.
If I set up with only the Dvico Dual 2, I can view and record.
If I try to include any combination of two cards (even the two within the dual setup), I get a black screen in TV and no sound.
If I look in the MediaPortal log, it can see the cards, but as soon as I activate MyTV, the log shows "no free card".
Anyone have any clues?

dale_mac

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Okay, I think I have success.
Looking at the Dual DVB Patch posting as suggested by ziphnor, there was also a reference to three other MS hotfixes and a dotnet update.
I didn't need the dotnet update because it's for 1.1 and I'm running 2. I tried the three hotfixes, but the second one came up with an error. Found out then that I needed Media Player 10 and I had 9 (From a fresh install).
Updated MPlayer, applied the hotfixes, added the extra tuner card in Media Portal setup (I had to autotune the extra card, otherwise MP didn't see it).
I tested recording one show and watching another. It seemed to be recording okay.
When I checked the recorded file there was a listing for the show but would not play!
It took me a long time to realise that I was unknowingly deleting the recording myself.
I was viewing a show and clicked "Record now", then I selected "Record current program", changed channel to view something else while recording, changed back to the first channel and clicked "Stop record".
When I tried to view the recording, it would not play.
I finally realised stopping a "Record current program" before it finishes will delete it! (It's listed as cancelled, instead of finished)
I clicked "Until manual stop" instead and it all seems to work okay.
I can now view another show while recording the first. Woohoo.
I think now that I only need to experiment with video codecs to get a stutter free recording (It isn't that noticable. Might be my Celeron is a bit slow).
I've posted all this info in case others have the same problems as I did.
I should also mention that my HTPC isn't connected to the Web, so auto updates don't happen. Without the forum, I'd be lost.
Thanks to all who have posted for your help.

Links:
For the Dual DVB Patch
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=69572#69572

For the Microsoft hotfixes
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8146

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom