DVB-T2 HD Reception Success Story (1 Viewer)

Ere Maijala

Portal Member
April 25, 2013
Home Country
Finland Finland
A quick follow-up to this success story (still success). I just added another antenna to receive also muxes sent in VHF frequencies. I had some initial trouble tuning because the operator (dna.fi) didn't list all the details of the muxes in the frequencies page and I didn't first realize that the bandwidth for these muxes is 7 MHz instead of the default 8 MHz. That fixed the scan in a single transponder worked beautifully.

By the way, I got two more of these receivers. It seems one of them is not quite as good as the others in that it gets random but frequent discontinuities leading to visible tearing of the image whereas the others work fine with the same signal strength. The bad one also shows the same strength and 100% quality, but there's something just slightly off with it. So if anyone else has trouble getting perfect reception, some quality differences might explain it. Or if you plan to get one of these for testing, why not get two right away...

--Ere

Ere Maijala

Portal Member
April 25, 2013
Home Country
Finland Finland
One more follow-up: I had some issues with discontinuities causing tearing of the picture. After a bit of troubleshooting I found out that all of the sticks have a pretty loose antenna connector, or the middle part. I carefully squeezed the sides together a bit, and now they seem to work more reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom