DVBSky T982 DUAl DVB-C Tuner only one Tuner works (1 Viewer)

Allan Stevens

Portal Member
September 2, 2012
Essex
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello Allan

Has there been any luck getting both tuners to work?
No updates from me. Unfortunately nobody else seems to have contacted Wolfgang either.

I just installed the card and can only use one tuner in MediaPortal :( channel changes are also slow.
Using 1.9.0 release version, DVB-T in the UK.
The driver version you're using is far more relevant than the version of MP. Really, the fact that the tuner doesn't work and/or is slow is far more likely to be indicative of quirky/non-standard drivers.

From the DVBSky website you can see the latest driver version for the tuner was released 2014-09-11. The release notes say:

MP uses the same interfaces as WMC for 99% of tuners, so this driver update may also make the tuner work properly in MP.
I suggest you try the latest driver. If it still doesn't work, try WMC if possible and/or post log files and/or report the problem to DVBSky support.

Regards,
mm

Thanks for the info. I think it's working OK now. I have done a re-scan, but instead of just running on one of the tuners, I ran on both. Is this normal for DVB-T cards? I only ever scanned 1 tuner of my DVB-S card then would just map them to both tuners.

Thanks again for your reply.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    thx Allan Stevens for the feedback.
    How are the switching times on DVB-T.
    Any chance on testing DVB-C?

thx[DOUBLEPOST=1415653091][/DOUBLEPOST]
    sometimes you should really push DD service, but at the end they almost always going to find the solution.

Remember - the vast majority of people having DD are pretty satisfied with them

Dont get me wrong, i love the switching times and the form factor of the cards.
    But i have problem which is not solved and i have put much time AND MONEY in this
    -> ill think not every user will post/upload dumps, try to reproduce the issue and so on....

I dont spent more time/money on finding a solution -> Its time for DD to find the solution!

pOpY

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!
    Could anybody please confirm, if the DVBSky T982 is working with DVB/C and Mediaportal in the meantime?
    Big Thanks
    Helios

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Helios

do you refer to MP1 or MP2 ? Someone stated that there won't be any further development for MP1! So there is no sense in waiting for it.
    I know what i am going to tell you won't really help, if you persist to use MP: I went the line of least resistance and switched away from MP to DVB-Viewer as Backend. This is far from being optimal but at least it works with a mixed set of one DD cine ct and on DVBSky T982. Both Tuners of each card simultaneously.

Greetings to NRW

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    I am also searching for an dvb-c replacement of my two dd cards.
    Would be nice if anyone could confirm that booth tuners work in MP1.

thx

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last Time I checked was with MP1 and TV-Server 1.6.0. I tried to find some info about a remedy for newer Versions in the changelog (in Jira) but as far i understand there is no change to this subject.
    Again, to me it seems that some component of MP-TV-Server causes this problem: Even then when TV Server is active and both tuners are disabled for usage with mediaportal, other TV-Server e.g. DVBViewer cannot use both tuners. As soon as MP-TV-Server is shut down both tuners are usable again.

Last edited:

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the time I Tested (April 7, 2014) it was The DvbSky Driver Version 1.8.403.0.
    Today it's 1.8.531.0. (Date: 31.05.2014) Which works fine with DVBViewer and its recording service.
    Unfortunately i can't tell anything about a current setup of DVBSky drivers and MP. Sorry. Currently i do not see the point in testing a new combination since I do not know of any practical hint that the issue might have been resolved by any party.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Currently i do not see the point in testing a new combination since I do not know of any practical hint that the issue might have been resolved by any party.
    As I said to Allan:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ly-one-tuner-works.122778/page-3#post-1109327
    From the DVBSky website you can see the latest driver version for the tuner was released 2014-09-11. The release notes say:

Update PCIe V3 card to work with WMC.

MP uses the same interfaces as WMC for 99% of tuners, so this driver update may also make the tuner work properly in MP.

After updating to that driver Allan said:
    Thanks for the info. I think it's working OK now.

Seems like a "practical hint" to me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom