DVD TV Series in MP-TVSeries (1 Viewer)

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
first let me say, i'm new in using Mediaportal. But i learned o love it. :) It runs and runs and ...

Now i want to implement the MP-TVSeries plugin, because i love series like The Simpsons, King Of Queens and others. The recordings work very good. But as a real fan i also have many DVDs.
Now i want to add them to MP-TVSeries. My aim is to use directly the .vob files, which are stored locally on my hdd.
The structure might be like: root\simpsons\season 1\disc 1\

I just used some threads in this forum (f.e. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/dvd-tv-series-19215/) and also used google but can't find a solution.

My aim is to see the season, then the episode with its information and when i click on the episode it has to start. Preferred not the whole DVD.

Here some information about my versions:
Mediaportal: 1.0 final
MP-TVSeries: 2.0.3279 (SVN) test build

I hope that you understand my problem. Can anybody help me? If you need some further information don't be shy. ;-)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi chris882!

Same issue here, but I've given up! I think, there is no propper solution for that at this moment :(! Now i have converted my DVDs with DVDFab to .avi - files and it works great!

Best regards
    Helios

chris882

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Helios,
    thanks for your reply. Because i'm new to Mediaportal and many experience with opensource i'm not giving up. :D

Perhaps there is someone who implemented it in such a way. Otherwise i'm going to test DVDFab. Perhaps this is a easy way to get it.

Greetz chris

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Same here... I don't think that it is possible. The reason is very simple: plugin parses series by file names, not by internal metainfo, and all dvds contain files named "VTS_01_1.vob", "VTS_01_1.IFO"etc.

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Maybe I dont understand what is being requested, but it works fine with .vob files. Just put each episode in it's own folder (ie Simpsons\Simpsons - 01x01 - Pilot\vob files...) then use this reg expression to pick them up

simple - <series> - <season>x<episode> - <title>\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

It gets the information from the folder names and not from the file names (in this case anyway)

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Very often one episode could consist of more then one .vob file or one .vob file can contain few episodes. Splitting or combining lots of DVDs could be a very hard work. And this is working only for DVDs stored on HDD - you can't import your collection of original DVDs.

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Very often one episode could consist of more then one .vob file or one .vob file can contain few episodes. Splitting or combining lots of DVDs could be a very hard work. And this is working only for DVDs stored on HDD - you can't import your collection of original DVDs.

It is very easy to 'configure' your vobs to contain only 1 episode (and it can span across multiple vobs). The method above will work if the episode contains multiple vobs. I will not go into details on how it is done (since it is illegal in some countries and not the point of this thread).

GDusty

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1) Use DVD Shrink to load the D1 files that are on your HDD.

2) in DVD Shrink go to the "Reauthor" window.

3) you will likely see 4 or 5 main "titles" that represent each episode.

4) drag one of these to the left-hand pane, configure the languages/subtitles you want, then click "Backup" (and choose a new directory name, such as "Ep01"

5) repeat step 4 for each ep

6) Make sure TV series path parsing options are configured to recognise something like series/seasonxx/Epxx/VIDEO_TS.IFO

7) Done.

chris882

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    GDusty: i gonna try this this evening. what are the named D1 files?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi chris882!

I have thought about, how i did it in the past: First i have ripped my DVD-Series wirth DVDFab as single episodes to HD!

Each episode has its own folder! After that i have converted the eoisode with AutoGordianKnot to .avi-files!

Sorry for the wrong information in the PM!

Best regards
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom