Dynamic Refresh Rate crashing Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That wasn't even the same issue 7 months ago...
    I didn't say or mean to imply that it was the same issue; I simply said that I gave you the same advice. Perhaps it wasn't clear that the advice is offered as a potential solution to a problem and as a way to improve your setup? (EVR should give better reliability and picture quality than VMR9.) Nevertheless, you have every right to persist in using VMR9 if you want. I was just trying to be helpful.

I just switched to EVR, same problem...
    Okay, so in that case could you please provide the fresh log files using EVR as requested in my previous reply.

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the assist. Before jumping down the rabbit hole with the internal DRRC I'd like to see if that 12 Noon external changer is a viable solution. I've just made some changes by switching to EVR as advised, installing ReClock and also SVP 4, playback is much smoother overall; SVP really is a great piece of software. But according to the diagnostics I'm still stopping frames left right and center without being able to adjust the refresh rate.

I tried installing 12 noon by extracting it to a folder and then copying the file paths's for the bat files into the ACTION segment in MP DRCC but it doesn't work, refresh rate remains at 60hz. Does anyone know how to get 12 noon working? I can't even find a guide or instructions anywhere. If 12 Noon works it should circumnavigate the problem I'm having.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I remember that i have installed the 12 noon (in program files) and make batch to point the executable, but you can notice that in batch you must set the display device name.
    For ex :
    Code:
    @"C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\dc" -width=1920 -height=1080 -depth=32 -refresh=23 -quiet -monitors="Harman Kardon AVR254/5/354 (EDID Override)"

You can see : -monitors="Harman Kardon AVR254/5/354 (EDID Override)"

I think it the name from computer management :)

On my other PC, it's like this.

upload_2016-7-27_20-32-35.png

So first try with batch if it works :)
    Then you can put the path to the batch in MP config.
    I didn't have this config now so i can't show you an example.
    Maybe i did put the path to the batch like C:\utils\dc\24.bat or directly the above path "C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\dc" -width=1920 ......

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sebastiii, I managed to correctly configure 12 Noon using your code guide and it seems to have worked. I've tried to recreate the issue I was having with the internal MP DRRC but it seems to have been circumnavigated. So relieved, thank you everyone for your assistance with this; greatly appreciated.

After much testing I've deleted SVP 4 due to the noise and artifacts it creates around fast moving objects, with the refresh rate locked everything is smooth anyway. The only issue I'm having now is an error message that ReClock is throwing back at me when a file finishes playing, have any experience with ReClock?

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I switched to MediaPortal Audio Renderer. I don't know, I'm not sure if it's performing as well as ReClock was. When I press SHIFT 1 my lines are mostly smooth but they seems more unstable than before. I was using bitstreaming before via the LAV Audio codec so DTS and DOLBY would be displayed on my amplifier, but it isn't with MPAR. Does that mean that bitstreaming is no longer taking place? What's it doing to my audio signals?

I wish I could know for sure if i'm using the best codecs and settings.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You can use MPAR it act as LPCM when using wasapi exclusive mode but yes you can't have bitstream, there is a version where bitstream can works through MPAR but it will not use the same correction like is doing Reclock lol.

on my setup the DRR match the video so the line are really smooth :)

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think I've got it sorted now, I played around with some options and now it's perfectly smooth. But now another issue has appeared! OMG!!! You fix one problem and another one begins! It never ends! I've never had a problem with subtitles before, now they show up for 2 minutes and then they stop appearing altogether. Any ideas? I'm using SubCentral, moving pictures and the LAV splitters.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I've got it sorted now, I played around with some options and now it's perfectly smooth. But now another issue has appeared! OMG!!! You fix one problem and another one begins! It never ends! I've never had a problem with subtitles before, now they show up for 2 minutes and then they stop appearing altogether. Any ideas? I'm using Subscene, moving pictures and the LAV splitters.
    Could you be more specific on how you fixed your 'major issue' as that could help other users.
    One issue per thread please.
    Try to come up with specific thread title not 'other major issue' :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom