Enable TV/Radio in client for debug build (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I would like to enable TV/Radio in my debug build. How do I do that?
    When I run the configuration the TV/Radio section is missing.

Cheers,
    S.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You have to have installed the TV plugin in order for it to be available. This can be done by installing as standalone rather than client only, or by manually copying the required DLLs into the required locations.

mm

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm debugging from the VS solution. How do I build the TV plugin and have it output its binaries in that bin\debug folder?
    Is it a different git repository?[DOUBLEPOST=1393492723][/DOUBLEPOST]Now that I think of it the binaries might be there already and I just need to enable the plugin through the configuration. I'll have to check that.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can't find it in the plugin list so I guess it needs to be built and installed somehow.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I did manage to build it but copying all the binaries from TvPlugin into bin\Debug did not seem to make that plugin appear in my configure.
    Help appreciated @Developers anyone?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    In TVEngine3\TVLibrary there are two batch files that do the necessary copies:

Collect Debug Files.bat
    and
    Copy TvPluginDebug To MP Debug.bat

You have to run both in that order.
    I don't know if they are still up to date, but some time ago that i used them it worked OK.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    OH :)
    That's real nice info :)
    I was always build and copy files on program files folder and run from that.
    ofc we always need to do that for debug tvservice but with above information, it works for TVPlugins.

Thanks Arion :)

The "Copy Filters To MP Debug & Register.bat" is surely not up to date lol.

So i confirm it works and i do the following.

1- Install a working version of MP with TVServer. (so Mysql etc. should be working with MP and TV as normal)
    2- build MP solution release/debug
    3- build Tvlibrary/tvplugins debug
    4- execute both batch like explain Arion.

And we have all files in local GIT and we can debug from their :p

off topic, on TVE35, if all tvserver is build, build MP solution will copy all needed files in auto and with tve35 we can start tvservice as command line (so from git local repo :)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I never copy files.

If I want to debug a plugin, that is not contained in MediaPortal I just create symbolic links from the output directory of that project into the MediaPortal plugin directory. Through the symbolic link the file is always up to date, because the symbolic link always points to the original file.

And if you often have to change configuration, creating a symbolic link is way faster then writing batch files. ;)

There is a tool for easy creating symbolic links from the Windows Explorer.

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

@Sebastii: There is even a page in French: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension_fr.html :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In TVEngine3\TVLibrary there are two batch files that do the necessary copies:

Collect Debug Files.bat
    and
    Copy TvPluginDebug To MP Debug.bat

You have to run both in that order.
    I don't know if they are still up to date, but some time ago that i used them it worked OK.

This seems to be broken now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread