EPG-Grabbers and tuningdetails (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    EPG-Grabbers and tuningdetails

If you have:
    • an updated script for web-epg or xmltv
    • updated tuningdetails for your location
    then please start a new thread and attach the file(s).

One of our Team Members will take a look at the updated file an commit it to our svn, so it will be part of the next release version. :)

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, but where? If I try to do it here ( EPG-Grabbers and tuningdetails ), I do not have the right to open a new thread.
    There is an updated grabber for TvToday (Germany)
    Alfred

jame

Portal Member
    December 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    :)
    Dear,

This is my 1st MP post.

The MP tuning details for Belgium DVB-T are not correct. Belgium is roughly divided into 2 parts i.e. a Dutch speaking area and a French speaking area. There's also a small German speaking area but there is no separate DVB-T multiplex for this. I've changed the dvbt.xml file so that there's an option to choose between 'Belgium - All Regions', 'Belgium - Dutch' and 'Belgium - French'. There is just 1 multiplex and 2 frequencies per area. Below you'll find an updated dvbt.xml file for this:

View attachment dvbt.xml

Source: Wikipedia (Dutch) - search "DVB-T-frequenties"
    DVB-T-frequenties - Wikipedia

Best Regards,

J.Melis

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is there any way to convert an old dvbc file into one of those xml-files? I just did a complete scan with the german - full and didn't find any of my channels. After some research it seemed that many people had to have "special" .dvbc files to find their channels.

jnymand

August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Channel scanning - TV Server

Dear Mediaportal team,

I am very enthusiastic about the Mediaportal project and all the efforts so many people
    are doing to create the ultimate MCE alternative. The current status of the product
    really looks great, and the future looks very promising.

However, there is one thing that has bugged me from the very start, and although
    recent changes has given us improvements, I still think there is quite some distance
    to go before it is perfect.

I am talking about the concept of scanning channels.

Especially scanning analogue channels is a pain in the ..., but also digital channels
    have room for improvements.

Why have I not spoken up sooner, I hear you ask, and with what background
    do I raise my voice now? Well, sooner? I don't know - I guess I was confident you
    would get it right by yourself ;-) and now, maybe still you'll get it right without my
    interference or advice, but nevertheless, I decided to try and give you some
    input you may (or may not) find useful. Or at least, so I hope ;-)

Maybe you have chosen to do the channelscanning as it is for a very good reason,
    and have no use for the input I am about to suggest. And in that case, I rest my case
    and look forward to future versions. But, just in case you care to listen to some
    input, here it comes. First a little background about myself.

My name is Jan, and I have been working for the last 9-10 years at Triax A/S
    in Denmark as a Product Manager, on digital Set Top boxes, and that and everything
    else we do at Triax is related to reception of TV - analogue and digital.

The way Mediaportal does its scanning, especially of analogue channels, is so
    much different from what is normal in at least Europe, and unnessecary complicated.
    It also does not at all take into consideration that sometimes channel rasters are
    changed in communal-CATV systems, and it does not really seem to have any
    concept of channel bandwidth (6, 7 and 8 MHz)
    The fact that analogue channels scan up to 350-400 channels, and for some of them
    find 2-3 channels (the same) with very little frequency offset, tells me that the scan-routine is
    generally inspired from US television rather than European channel rasters
    that are totally different.

For digital channels, if you know how, you can actually fiddle a bit with the
    XML files and get it to scan and find non standard digital channels, which can be neseccary
    in some communal CATV systems, where a DVB-T multiplex can be transmitted as an 8MHz
    channel at a frequency that normally belong to a 7MHz raster. However, I have not found
    similar XML lists for the analogue channels.

Nevertheless, I have been involved in so many different set-top box implementations
    that I have very little trouble comming up with several suggestions for a GUI and mechanism
    to make both analogue and digital channel scanning much more user friendly, and I beleive
    it will also make the actual scanning a lot faster, without being a limitation on the system.

If you think my further input can be of any help to you, please let me know, and I'll
    try to make a brief introduction and overview of what I mean in more details.

Best rgds

Jan

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi @infinite.loop, I'm trying to get the wiki updated with the details for the EPG tuning details, can you please answer a few questions for me? (personally I'm in uncharted waters here!)
    • What exactly are these files for? I think they are used exclusively for the webEPG am I correct?
    • Am I right in thinking that these are the files used when I choose my country in the webEPG AutoMap setup?
    • What format do these files take?
    • Although this thread seems not to be updated since 2009 (!) is this the place to post the updated files? (I'll need to point users to a location to post)
    • Simple instructions on how to create these files would be very useful
    • Where is the information from to update these files?
    Thanks in advance for your help here :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    • What exactly are these files for? I think they are used exclusively for the webEPG am I correct?
    • Am I right in thinking that these are the files used when I choose my country in the webEPG AutoMap setup?
    • What format do these files take?
    • Although this thread seems not to be updated since 2009 (!) is this the place to post the updated files? (I'll need to point users to a location to post)
    • Simple instructions on how to create these files would be very useful
    • Where is the information from to update these files?
    The best person to answer this is @arion_p because as you can see in the plugin section of TvServerConf, he and james are the Authors. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom