Errors with MP 1.6 testing version (1 Viewer)

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I get these errors during installation (first picture) and when I go into plugins section of MP configuration (2nd picture) in my HTPC (with MP 1.6)
In my laptop everything works ok with the same versions of MP and MF

What am I missing here?
Thanks

Attachments

• mf1.png
    mf1.png
    8.2 KB
  • mf2.png
    mf2.png
    10.7 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yeah pretty weird z3us - all I can think of is to check the version of the myfilms.dll and ensure you have .net 4 installed on both systems.
    However, if it was incompatible, then MPEI should refuse to install it with a message/details of the incompatibility. :confused:

Do you get any error messages in logs (e.g. Configuration-Error.log or others that might provide more clues?

Let us know if you find the solution as others may run into the same issue.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I´ve just attached to the first post the log files generated.
    Thanks

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I´ve formatted my computer but the errors are still there, so I´ve downgraded to MP 1.5 and MyFilms 6.03. Now EVERYTHING WORKS ok.
    Sorry for not being able to help with beta testing

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm probably not any better than you at reading the log files, maybe @Guzzi can spot something more. It looked to me like the error may have originated with 'Reflection', indicated in the Configuration.log - it applied to both MyFilms and StreamedMP dlls. IIRC they both use 'Reflection' for backwards compatibility, but I don't understand much more than that.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Searching web gives some hints:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...e-compilerservices-extensionattribute-from-as
    So might be a problem of the build process and/or existing runtimes.
    Possib le, taht I already changed ILmerge - but I can't remember if that was before or after that build.
    Let's test that again with the next version I will supply, that one will also contain a fix for the setup, so it is no more crashing and damage the MF config file...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Good catch Guzzi! It may depend on which version of .net (4.0 vs 4.5) you had installed when building? Reading that link maybe z3us has .net 4.0 on one system and .net 4.5 on the other? I have no such issues with .net 4.5.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    As I said - I already made a change to the build in r2959 - we'll see, if that fixes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom